SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a used 06 husky sm610 couple weeks ago. changed the oil last night, paper filter was fine. but when i went to the left side to clean the metal filter, i found a bunch of small particles on the screen and then when i looked into the hole where the 2 screens are i found this sitting in there. any ideas what it might be from? my first thought was from a timing chain guide? havent looked at the shop manual yet to see what plastic pieces are in the motor/trans.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can we get a shot of a quarter next to them for size reference? They look huge from the pic?

On the bright side you are that much lighter! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took the left side cover and this is what i found. now should i replace it or take that little piece of epoxy off and run it?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
oh wow, i didnt know it was just a coating!! whats that epoxy on there for ? elecric insulation of somesort? weird... whose knowledgable of current flow and electric stuff?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yeah, that is kinda weird that it is coated on the side. Mine is chipped a little with smallish pieces of the magnet missing. I never thought of touching it up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts