SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Supermoto Slicks are now available for online ordering on our web site or you may phone us Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Pacific Standard Time.

We got slicks. http://www.motostrano.com/Bridgestone-Supermoto-Slick-Tire-p/bmcrr4399.htm

PERFORMANCE NOTES:

MCRR4399 165/625R17 SOFT SLICK MOTARD Slick rear option with high grip and good wear life - suggest Medium for higher temps / abrasive courses, or Pattern rear for mixed courses.
MCRR4400 165/625R17 MEDIUM SLICK MOTARD Slick rear option best suited for higher temps with longer wear life - suggest Pattern rear for mixed courses.
MCRR4401 165/625R17 SOFT PATTERN MOTO Most popular Supermoto rear option. Optimal grip and good wear life. Suggest Medium for punishing courses and/or extremely high temps.
MCRR4402 165/625R17 MEDIUM PATTERN MOTO Best for punishing courses and high temps. Good grip and long wear life.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice slick, But would be nice if the price was more competitive. Michelins are $410 for the pair.. shipped
compared to $500+ for bridge..
Like many things, particularly things which are otherwise completely unnecessary in life like race slicks - price isn't everything. Over the years, we've found one of the most important qualities of a race tire isn't it's price but it's actual availability or presence on your bike and we've seen brands of tire come in and out of availability constantly and even when you might most need them. The cheapest tires in the world won't do you much good on the track if you don't have them come race day. In the past we've dropped race tires from our catalog completely because of the fact that there's no way to business sense to justify selling them at all (ie. no actual margin for the seller).

·
Registered
402 Posts
That argument would make sense if the tires in question were unavailable.. which is not the case.
I think my point was seen as an attack to you guys instead of a comment. I not only shop for price but quality
and availability as a good argument which you guys brought up. But It is very hard to justify going for a certain price
point when other brands do the job well and are as easy to get.. anyways it was just a opinion.

I still believe you guys are a great supporter to the supermoto scene, I didn't mean to create a situation.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That argument would make sense if the tires in question were unavailable.. which is not the case.
I think my point was seen as an attack to you guys instead of a comment. I not only shop for price but quality
and availability as a good argument which you guys brought up. But It is very hard to justify going for a certain price
point when other brands do the job well and are as easy to get.. anyways it was just a opinion.

I still believe you guys are a great supporter to the supermoto scene, I didn't mean to create a situation.
I don't consider your comment "an attack" but I did post an advertisement here with the obvious intent of selling millions of Bridgestone tires..., not Michelins, so I'm responding to it as I am want to do in such a way that I feel the Bridgestone might appeal to some one who isn't just after price.

I take the long view. Your michelins may be available today. They may not be available tomorrow. I can show you long spans of time where various brands of race tire were not available come race day for various reasons over the years. We've sold plenty of michelins and dunlop over the years to know in a concrete way that the cheapest or most expensive tires in the world won't help you if you can't get them come race day.

Then there is the issue of racers being loyal to certain brands based on brand and personal preference.

Joe

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fact, we'd love to sell Michelins and Dunlops too, if it were economically justifiable to do so. Since the Dunlop rep in California went out of business a while ago, they all dried up and we've never had a really reliable source for Michelins over the span of 12 years selling supermoto parts....

·
Registered
33 Posts
So, other than free shipping which most retailers like Revzilla and Amazon are doing any other type of discount code for like 15% off for being a member of this site for purchases? On tires, brakes... anything aside from discontinued parts or clearance?

I have a small wishlist of things that I need from your site but your prices aren't any lower than eBay, Amazon, Revzilla but your selection is just more filtered for the Supermoto enthusiast which I like.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, other than free shipping which most retailers like Revzilla and Amazon are doing any other type of discount code for like 15% off for being a member of this site for purchases? On tires, brakes... anything aside from discontinued parts or clearance?

I have a small wishlist of things that I need from your site but your prices aren't any lower than eBay, Amazon, Revzilla but your selection is just more filtered for the Supermoto enthusiast which I like.
Hi Johnny

Best to phone in and talk to one of our sales guys and go over your wish list. The motorcycle parts wold barely works off 15% margin to do any kind of discounts like that. Our pricing is what it is and our catalog is set, while our history and expertise is here for you if you need it.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts