SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever ran Bridgestone BT014 on their motard. I use to love the BT56 on my sport bikes in the late 90s. BT014 is softer than the BT56 though. I just ordered some so hopefully I'll like um.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I actually have my eye on the bridge stone b016 and have been wondering how that tire will do. might get one next time round to see.

·
Registered
579 Posts
cmad are those the ones that just came out? and if they are the ones im thinking of all the magazines and other things i have read say they are really good tires and cheap too im looking at getting a set when my pilots are done in another 500 or so miles.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Two completely different tires.

BT56 is like 10 year old tire technology.

BT014 is like 4 year old tire technology.

And just recently released is the new BT016 with multi-rubber compound tire technology.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are priced a little cheaper than the pilot powers, cause I was looking at those to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran 014's on my Duke 2
Just couldn't get on with them, especially in the wet (which we seem to get a lot of in England) :rolleyes:
It just seemed like they were more suited to a heavier sportsbike.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran 014's on my Duke 2
Just couldn't get on with them, especially in the wet (which we seem to get a lot of in England) :rolleyes:
thats the only thing Im worried about, putting them on a lighter motard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A lot of the blokes off the UK KTM Forum run Dunlop Mutants and swear by them,for road and track day use.They are a dedicated Moto tyre and if I ever get 'round to fitting 17" wheels to my XR,I think I'll be giving them a go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ran 014's on my Duke 2
Isn't the Duke 2 around 420lbs? I'm looking at the BT014's for my 690SMR, the stock Dunlop SportMax (rear) are at the wear bars @2600 km! I can't live with 1 month tires! BT-016's don't seem to be readily available in N/A yet . Which tire did you like on your Duke 2?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Isn't the Duke 2 around 420lbs? I'm looking at the BT014's for my 690SMR, the stock Dunlop SportMax (rear) are at the wear bars @2600 km! I can't live with 1 month tires! BT-016's don't seem to be readily available in N/A yet . Which tire did you like on your Duke 2?
When I bought it,it had 010's back and front,which I ran untill I replaced them with the 014's as they had discontinued the 10's.
I sold it before I could play with other tyres.
Conti's are another strange one.
Some love em,others call them Ditch finders.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts