SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these just got a few sets in was thinking of using them on my SM...

can do them for $233 shipped for a set..

·
Registered
154 Posts
The BT-090F was the OEM tire for my '07 690SM and I really liked them. Excellent grip however the rear was gone in 1200 miles. Strangely enough the front is just now down to the wear bars on the sides of the tire at 3,000 miles...the center tread is still good for another 500 miles.
wayne

·
Registered
154 Posts
would you buy / recommend them again?
Sure, if you can afford to replace the rear every 1500 miles. Looks like the front will go to 3500 and most all of the miles are on backroads and some quite twisty "goat paths" which are common on the Central Coast.
wayne

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've got about 2k on my rear and I need a new 1. You got any?

·
Registered
376 Posts
yip, I did 3200km's and the rear was toast. Great tire, but I went back to the Pilot Powers as they grip just as much but last longer

·
Registered
335 Posts
would you buy / recommend them again?
As a track day or an agressive street tire, yes, they are great. The BT-090 is Bridgestone's lightweight bike tire. A step up would be a BT-002 Type 4 (Super Soft) front and a BT-090 rear (or it's replacement) for the track. If you want more mileage, I'd look elsewhere.

·
Registered
335 Posts
There's more flex in the sidewall, so when you are in hard on the brakes you can feel them flex. I used the 'stone's for 3 years before I went to Pirelli. 'Stone's are great, but Pirelli had better payout at the races I did. So I switched. Pirelli only had one compound in the rear (Medium), whereas Pirelli has 3 compounds (soft/medium/hard).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts