SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello guys, im located down in the lafayette la area and ive recently acquired a drz400sm and im in love. ive been wanting a bike since i started driving and a supermoto just seemed like what id have the most fun on. turns out im right once in a while because im pretty sure hauling ass on a highway can only be so fun for so long. but enough of that, one of my good friends is handy with a camera and hadnt shot a bike yet so mine was his test dummy. check em out and let me know what you guys think!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629400262274/

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Welcome! Nice shots. Bummer though, as I was thinking South Los Angeles when I read the thread title.

Either way, welcome to the DRZ family!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yes there are. And an afternoon ride can take you from the ocean, over snow covered mountains, to the front door of Death Valley.

But, mid week city / freeway traffic sucks. And on weekend afternoons, all the good roads get clogged with Sunday lookey-loos, pedal bikers and the Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sounds amazing, down here ive got like 10 mild (very mild) hills within a reasonable distance, and the twisty roads are kinda lacking too. but as often as i use mine to commute the rush our traffic would be miserable

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you got me jelly!

i know theres a few running around here and all of my buddies are falling in love with my bike so ill peer pressure a couple of them too

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Once someone has the balls to stray outside the norm of sportbikes, cruisers or whatever, and shows up on a Sumo, then it is like an epidemic.

People start asking questions, wanting to ride it and then they get all jealous and have to go and get their own after seeing how much fun you are having, and how easily you can dust off a top shelf road racy bike on a tight road.

Next thing you know, everyone wants one. Good on Ya for taking that first step.

Now go spread the word! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts