SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Bad news. Just bought a brand new 2009 sm 610.

Problem : Battery isnt getting charged while riding. Burnt through the stock battery. Bought another figuring it might have been the battery. Connected properly... i think, hard to mess that up... And now that battery is dead.

Hard to believe this is happening to a brand new bike. Any ideas? Not the most efficient with a wrench, but i am a computer guy.

Love the bike when its running. Closest warranty dealer is 1 hour away :damn:

·
Registered
316 Posts
regulator rectifier?

just a wild guess lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The harness is clipped in pretty snugly to the regulator, no obvious shorts. Whats the blue wire connected to the positive terminal on the battery thats wired to the regulator? Never seen this additional connection on a battery before. It was connected to the bike when i bought it so ... probably not the problem but still, odd.

In the manual it says either voltage regulator badly connected or short circuit. Do i need to take apart this clip in the regulator and see if anything is shorted maybe? Or it says faulty alternator coil (hard to believe, brand new) or de-energized alternator rotor or faulty voltage regulator (again hard to believe, but it is possible)

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
316 Posts
nice one mate. rather it be a silly little thing like that than a big job to be honest!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts