SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a new direct replacement rotor that's just become available for purchase from Wheeling Cycle Supply. It's a Braking brand rotor (the good stuff). Here's some photos of SMJ member TyMarp's bike w/ the new rotor installed. Looks awesome. :thumbup:

OEM VS. Braking Rotor:

Mounted:

:)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally, on the street, i'm pretty happy w/ the stock setups performance. I'm not racing though. We ride fairly hard, but try to keep it around 90% just because that's what makes sense on public roads. I'll probably go w/ a better line to kick the feel up a notch though.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Stock rotor is sufficient for what your going to do on the street. Anything bigger is an overkill. Put a good braided ss line and you're good to go. Just my $.15.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I got my Braking rotor from Wheeling Cycle Supply and installed it yesterday. Looks trick. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time to call Forest...damn you guys!
:lol:

$335? Forget that!
It's all in what you want. Some people spend hundreds of dollars a week punching junk food in their pieholes at restaurants, and drinking $4 beers and/or $9 mixed drinks at bars. I don't. :) I'd just as soon spend $335 on a rotor than 6 high dollar meals that i'm going to flush down the toilet when I get home. :D

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm on it man. They shoud be here this week. The rear braking rotor is at the P.O. right now. :D
Hey shouldn't you be installing something to make you slow down less? :headscrat

j/k :D Looking good. Did you get out for a ride yesterday? Almost all the snow is gone up here, but we have about 4" of pea gravel covering all the roads. :headshake

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hiya Mike. :) I'll only need something to slow me down less when I ride w/ you. I think when that happens, i'll just duct tape my throttle wide open, dump the clutch, and hang on. :lol:

I didn't ride yesterday, although I would have liked to. I'm kind of in the middle of my modding for the winter, so I wasn't quite ready. The roads aren't terrible down here, but they are kind of dirty, although they haven't spread much gravel. It won't be long now. :thumbup: This heavy rain today & tomorrow should melt a good bit more snow for you. We don't have any at'all left thankfully. Tim said the roads up his way were covered w/ gravel too. I think it's just a few minutes of leaving his house and he's headed up over the mountain into Garrett County though. You ready for spring? ;)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hiya Mike. :) I'll only need something to slow me down less when I ride w/ you. I think when that happens, i'll just duct tape my throttle wide open, dump the clutch, and hang on. :lol:

I didn't ride yesterday, although I would have liked to. I'm kind of in the middle of my modding for the winter, so I wasn't quite ready. The roads aren't terrible down here, but they are kind of dirty, although they haven't spread much gravel. It won't be long now. :thumbup: This heavy rain today & tomorrow should melt a good bit more snow for you. We don't have any at'all left thankfully. Tim said the roads up his way were covered w/ gravel too. I think it's just a few minutes of leaving his house and he's headed up over the mountain into Garrett County though. You ready for spring? ;)
I am so ready for spring. I think another week or 2 and we will be riding pretty regularly. I am looking forwarded to getting some rides in with you and Tim. I will try to behave. :D After the long winter lay off, I might be the one trying to keep up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am so ready for spring. I think another week or 2 and we will be riding pretty regularly. I am looking forwarded to getting some rides in with you and Tim. I will try to behave. :D After the long winter lay off, I might be the one trying to keep up. :lol:

I'm ready to ride too. I don't mind winter, it's just about 2 months too long. :rant:

I don't think you'll have any trouble keeping up. After I got to be around 30 years old, my self preservation gene kicked in pretty hard. I'm dying to ride Smoke Hole Road though, and it's hard not to push just the least little bit on that stretch of heaven. :thumbup: Tim's gonna be sporting a brand spanking new set of sticky Pilot Powers this spring. I might be the one getting left behind. :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
The caliper will make a huge difference rather than the disc but granted it looks cooler than stock ,looks the same as what the Bergs come out with.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The caliper will make a huge difference rather than the disc but granted it looks cooler than stock ,looks the same as what the Bergs come out with.:thumbup:
I certainly understand that. As stated before, I'm pretty happy w/ the performance of the stock setup on the street. Stainless lines will make them perform plenty well enough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's all in what you want. Some people spend hundreds of dollars a week punching junk food in their pieholes at restaurants, and drinking $4 beers and/or $9 mixed drinks at bars. I don't. :) I'd just as soon spend $335 on a rotor than 6 high dollar meals that i'm going to flush down the toilet when I get home. :D
I hear ya, but I don't eat fast food and I can't drink, and I still have a problem with that price!

Gotta say though, it is freaking awesome looking and I'm sure it works better than the stock!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear ya, but I don't eat fast food and I can't drink, and I still have a problem with that price!

Gotta say though, it is freaking awesome looking and I'm sure it works better than the stock!

Good man. :thumbup:

Last year, I thought the price of "upgraded" rotors was way too high too. The idea kind of grows on you after a few mods., and it gets easier to just do it. Heck, ya only live once.

The rotors won't help braking power much, but i'm going to install stainless lines as soon as they come, and that's supposed to help considerably.

Popped the rear one on awhile ago (much cheaper!):

Now to get rid of those passenger pegs. :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The front one's almost a price for an FCR for me. :eek:

Both looks good otherwise, String. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts