SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 2008 drz 400 sm [in black ] i had my parts guy order both front and rear braided stainless steel brake lines. i am pretty Galfer

the rear brake line was fine

and the front was intalled but its tight and stretched to a point i dont like and rubs straight across speedo

my tech installed with me checking

does anyone the exact part number for a stainless braided front brake line and manufactures

any help appreciated

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I had a Galfer on my bike and had the exact problem you describe. I was unhappy with the fit from the moment it went on. When fiddling with it trying to make it fit better, one of the fittings snapped clean in half. Replaced it with a Goodridge and love it. It fit perfect and the protective sheath/covering material is stiffer than the stuff that was on the Galfer line.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had no such problem with my Galfer SS brake line. It fit perfectly from day one, with plenty of clearance above the speedo, and no installation problems. Could be they sent you the wrong one.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I run HEL braided lines on my bike. They make them to order, not just grab a line out of a bin and toss it in the mail. They have specs. for all bikes, but if you desire a different length, they will gladly make it for you, in any color, w/ stainless steel fittings and bolts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had the same fitting issue with my Glafer last week. I thought I was an idiot for not being able to install a simple break line so I took the line back to my parts guy. He contacted Galfer and there is a specific one for the SM. Not too sure on the part # yet as I don't have it, but we originally ordered the one listed on the Glafer site, which turned out to be too small. If I remember, I will post up the part number when I get it.

T

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It seems to me that the S and/or E model line would be longer than the SM line since they have more suspension travel. Maybe i'm missing something obvious though. :headscrat

·
Registered
61 Posts
I took a chance with Dennis Kirk (I know some folks disagree with this company) for one single reason...they actually had a very clear listing for my 07. I searched quite a few places and not many were clear on the fact it was a SM. I chose the Moose racing application in the catalog and it turned out it was made by Venhill.(http://www.venhill.co.uk/) It fits great and I have had no trouble with it. This part number 1901688 fits 2005 thru 2008 DR-Z400SM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts