SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be riding only on a sport bike track (no dirt) and am looking at just getting sport bike boots (instead of motocross). I know that the motocross boots are taller and have heat protection on the insides (unlike the sport bike boots which have plastic insides). My question is does anybody just wear sport bike boots and if so is there any problems with heat from the exhaust?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I usually wear a pair of Setup Vision boots (decent but cheap sportbike boots) and didn't notice any issues from the exhaust (meaning, I couldn't feel it noticeably).

·
Registered
728 Posts
I usually wear a pair of Setup Vision boots (decent but cheap sportbike boots) and didn't notice any issues from the exhaust (meaning, I couldn't feel it noticeably).
thats funny. i have the same exact boots. i like them a lot. i'm sure they are not quite as good as the real sidi's but they work. i wear them while riding my 690 smc

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did a whole track-day with a pair of alpinestars supertech's with no problems. They're great boots but kind of expensive as far as wearing out the soles. I think you'll be fine using road boots on a track-day and heat shouldn't be a big problem either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts