·
Registered
5,345 Posts
oxstars:thumbup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alpinestars tech 3's

At first I hated using the mx boot but after getting used to it, I never ride without them and when I have my jeans over top they just look like a regular motorcycle boot.

Also, before those I used to wear an old pair of military boots but broke a toe after laying it down. I was going pretty slow when it happened, had I been wearing the tech 3's I would have been fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fox Comp 5 Offroads

First ride yesterday in my new Comp 5 offroads......felt like my first ride ever. By the end of the three hours I was shifting almost as good as normal. I love having the protection, the fit under my Carhartt's reasonably well and my Fieldsheer suit very well. Look pretty good too. Nice and soft out of the box, which may be bad for some but I'm Gonna be 90/10% on/off road. Was looking at the AXO Boxer enduros as well. Street boots just seem to flimsy to me. Also, $169 was pretty affordable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Update on Fox Comp 5 if anyone cares. Another 3 hour ride today, missed 2 shifts early in the ride and solid after that. Went to the local dealership (Cliff's Cycle) and spent about an hour smelling the new KTM lineup and trying on MX kneepads for under my jeans.....2nd ride and the boots are broken in and feel great.

I can't see myself riding in anything other than MX boots...can't believe I did the skate shoe thing for soooo long. :headshake

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone here seen or used the Icon field armor boots $130.00 I like the way they look mostly for street use:)
Ive tried them on and they were very restrictive in movement and have a very tall toe profile with a low ankle..not what i would recommend for real protection...they look tough. I recommend something with more coverage, and mobility...of course Im sure they break in..but i tried them for sport use..no way I could see them fitting between the peg and shifter. Just my initial impression.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
anyone here seen or used the Icon field armor boots $130.00 I like the way they look mostly for street use:)

Love 'em!:thumbup: Pretty good in the dirt too, I've gotten them muddy on occasion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Alpinestar Supertech R, THE Cadillac of boots.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts