SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals (hopefully). I spent a couple of hours installing the bluefire motorcycle security kit. All the info I can find on the web suggests most people only use the alarm function and for $20 it's worth it anyway. I think this is because the instructions are so bad that few people are confident of what the wires even do to connect them to their beloved bike. Well the good news is apart from being a loud vibration activated alarm with adjustable sensitivity, it also functions as a remote starter with immobiliser. Now I'm sure there are better ways to wire it than I did and I'm open to corrections, but here is what I did.

Red wire (anode) - to positive battery terminal, should use fuse.
Black wire (cathode) - to negative terminal.
That is all you need to connect if you want the alarm function and nothing else

Orange wire (lock electrical line) - connect this wire to the wire behind the ignition barrel on your bike that gets power when the ignition is switched to on, on my bike that wire was also orange. That will power your dash cluster and CDI.
Blue wire (start out line) - I connected that wire to the positive switch side of the ignition relay, not to the starter motor side.
That is all you need to connect for the remote start feature. Without connecting the orange wire the bike will turn over but won't start.

Yellow wires (turn signal light) - I spliced these into the positive side of the indicator wires under the seat. It just makes the indicators flash when arming, disarming or alarm going off.

Pink and grey wires (electrical flameout line) - these wires are used to immobilise the bike when the alarm is triggered or when the disarm button on the remote is pushed. The pink and the grey wire are connected to each other inside the brain of the alarm, when the alarm is triggered or the disarm button is pushed both wires are connected to ground.This will ground out the signal to the spark plug coil. My bike is a single cylinder so I simply spliced the pink wire to the positive side of the spark plug coil and blanked off the grey wire. On a multi cylinder bike I THINK you should do the same but instead of splicing into the coils you should connect the pink wire to the signal wire to the CDI from the crank angle sensor.
By connecting the wires in the way I have you should be able to override the bike with the remote even if the thief has the key to the bike, without connecting these wires to immobilise the bike the bike can be started while the alarm is triggered. The brain unit is larger than I had expected, on my drz I mounted the brain on the front side of the airbox to the right side of the air boot. And mounted the siren under the seat next to the snorkel.

I hope this helps somebody out because it was a nuisance to figure out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a new SM owner who parks in a sketchy area, THANK YOU for this!
Thanks man, I would not recommend this kit, it cooked and left me temporarily stranded. Fork out for a gorilla motocycle alarm, if not, use terminals to connect wires and use them in a manner that will allow you to bypass the system if (when) it cooks. After this kit I tried the spy 5000 alarm kit, same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts