SuperMoto Junkie banner

Black levers....

2K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  davesoly 
#1 ·
Anyone have a source or link for black replacement DRZ levers - don't need Zetas or anything of the like - just some black levers - thanks

#2 ·
Hmm, not seen many black levers. If you're just going for the look, get the stock levers powder coated or anodized. You'll get the look, and they won't run you to much money.

#4 ·
You can send them out, not sure where you are. However, after shipping it might negate the savings cost over just buying new levers.

Well, whatever you find, make sure you get pictures!

#6 ·
The only black ones I've seen are the ASV ones, but you'll probably have to change your the perch and all. :hmmm:

#7 ·
If you can't get them powder coated, I'd just go to the local auto parts store and get some black semi-gloss engine paint. It's probably $6 - $8 for a can. Take the parts off the bike, scuff the metal up as well as you can with some sand paper, find something to hang the parts (a metal coat hanger should work really well), then give them a nice light coat. Re-apply several layers, letting the paint dry between applications.

Although this method won't give you a finish that's as durable as a powder coat, you'll still have that can of paint ready for touch ups ;^)

#26 ·
Thanks, I don't think they turned out that great, but I kind of rushed it. I just want to see how durable the paint really is. If it comes right off, I'll probably just order up some zetas, like I really wanted to do. Then again, the ASV levers aren't much more, and they come powder coated.......

#29 ·
Just a thought but when painting aluminum or a bare metal with rattle can paint its usually a good idea to scuff and use an etch primer, then a regular primer, then paint. If you follow with a clear coat it should be super durable.
The etch primer is what really makes it stick.

#31 ·
I'd never put that much work into the stock levers. I just scuffed the metal, and painted them with a low gloss hi temp paint. I don't want to clear them because I wouldn't like the look.

They actually seem to be holding up great after a week of use and look just like they were powder coated. :eek:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.