SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a source or link for black replacement DRZ levers - don't need Zetas or anything of the like - just some black levers - thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hmm, not seen many black levers. If you're just going for the look, get the stock levers powder coated or anodized. You'll get the look, and they won't run you to much money.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can send them out, not sure where you are. However, after shipping it might negate the savings cost over just buying new levers.

Well, whatever you find, make sure you get pictures!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can send them out, not sure where you are. However, after shipping it might negate the savings cost over just buying new levers.

Well, whatever you find, make sure you get pictures!
very true - probably not worth it. the search continues.....

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
The only black ones I've seen are the ASV ones, but you'll probably have to change your the perch and all. :hmmm:

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you can't get them powder coated, I'd just go to the local auto parts store and get some black semi-gloss engine paint. It's probably $6 - $8 for a can. Take the parts off the bike, scuff the metal up as well as you can with some sand paper, find something to hang the parts (a metal coat hanger should work really well), then give them a nice light coat. Re-apply several layers, letting the paint dry between applications.

Although this method won't give you a finish that's as durable as a powder coat, you'll still have that can of paint ready for touch ups ;^)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can't get them powder coated, I'd just go to the local auto parts store and get some black semi-gloss engine paint. It's probably $6 - $8 for a can. Take the parts off the bike, scuff the metal up as well as you can with some sand paper, find something to hang the parts (a metal coat hanger should work really well), then give them a nice light coat. Re-apply several layers, letting the paint dry between applications.

Although this method won't give you a finish that's as durable as a powder coat, you'll still have that can of paint ready for touch ups ;^)

Thanks - thought about that - I've got a can of Dupli-Color High Heat that has ceramic in it. Thought I might give it a try......can't hurt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i would also add clear coats to it as well . the paint will last longer and instead of the black wearing off the clear will wear off first .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got the levers painted up - turned out very well. Also added some black heat shrink tubing to help protect the paint........

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nice, get some pictures up!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn, that actually looks REALLY good. I might have to rob the idea from you if you don't mind haha.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, that actually looks REALLY good. I might have to rob the idea from you if you don't mind haha.
Yeah - it does look much better in person - not much with a camera.

and by all means......rob the idea. If I can contribute, it's all good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I know I posted the "process", but now I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I really want some zetas, so that's what I've been holding out for. I might just paint the ones I have for now. I think I even have the right paint in the garage....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey jaques, what kind of turn signals do you have on the back of your bike? I need to replace the ones I have because one is shot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey jaques, what kind of turn signals do you have on the back of your bike? I need to replace the ones I have because one is shot.
dave - they're just the stockers - moved them back like everyone does after replacing the stock shovel for an "Edge" setup. Still haven't found any short stalks I'm happy with yet......

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm the second owner of my bike, and the first guy had already upgraded the tail. I really like the blinkers I have, but I don't know who makes them. I bought some other LP ones, but I don't really like them as much as the blacked-out ones I have right now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm the second owner of my bike, and the first guy had already upgraded the tail. I really like the blinkers I have, but I don't know who makes them. I bought some other LP ones, but I don't really like them as much as the blacked-out ones I have right now.
dave - can you post up a pic of those LP markers?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts