SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check it out, I just got the iphone 4 and felt like I was going to break it since it is so thin and smooth. I have broke 4 phones already and never wanted to step to a smart phone till now. first thing I needed was a case for it so I machined a billet one out!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
That's pretty trick! I could see a market for those if the material was a bit thinner. Nice work!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Nice! Have you thought about going with a brushed Finnish? I would love one of those for when I ride dirt, especially on my MTB, but I agree that thinner would be better.

Good job, man:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
That's awesome Ryan. It would suck if it was really hot or really cold out though.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally did it, from prototype to production. the cyborcase is the first ever fully customizable iphone 4 case machined from aluminum. check out the site!

www.cyborcase.com

I offer custom laser engraving on the back side of the case to really pimp it out!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is awesome!! too bad i just bought a case 3 days ago!! but i may look into this eventually!! are the measurments just that precise or what?? how does the phone not shift any with only the 4 contact points?? and a felt lining on the back cover would sale me!! i always get scratches from the plastic cases from just dust getting into the case!! awesome product though!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
:clap: that thing kicks ass!!! Nice job. My 3G has been used and abused so maybe I'll consider getting the 4 now.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this is awesome!! too bad i just bought a case 3 days ago!! but i may look into this eventually!! are the measurments just that precise or what?? how does the phone not shift any with only the 4 contact points?? and a felt lining on the back cover would sale me!! i always get scratches from the plastic cases from just dust getting into the case!! awesome product though!!
Yeah, that measurements are real precise! There is a small pocket cut into the base to locate the phone I'n the center, then the lid holds everything I'n place. Nothing moves, nothing gets scratched. I have
Been running mine for 5 months, 12 drops, 30 hours streemin pandora while I ride with it I'n my jacket pocket, 4 crashes over the bars, and there is not a scratch on my phone.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts