SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike (Generic trigger 50 sm) wont start from kick. Ive cleaned my carb, and spark plug and also tried replacing the spark plug. But my bike still wont start, so im stuck now :( and everytime i remove the spark plug, its drenched in fuel. Ive bumped it twice and it ran, but not for more then 5 mins... any help?! Thanks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
something is obviously wrong with your carb. If you are pulling the plug and its soaked than your carb is pushing way too much fuel into the engine at once. I'd pull the carb again and check to see if your float is bent or if something is lodged in there. Have you checked your valves? Maybe one of them is stuck. Gaskets seem ok? You might have a small leak. Piston rings ok? That could lead to hard starting too. Will it start with the air filter off? These are all things to try if you haven't already.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
something is obviously wrong with your carb. If you are pulling the plug and its soaked than your carb is pushing way too much fuel into the engine at once. I'd pull the carb again and check to see if your float is bent or if something is lodged in there. Have you checked your valves? Maybe one of them is stuck. Gaskets seem ok? You might have a small leak. Piston rings ok? That could lead to hard starting too. Will it start with the air filter off? These are all things to try if you haven't already.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the response, however I have left my bike with a mechanic aha :p no time to work on it due to college! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spoke to the mechanic, and he says my bike has 'serious problems' after having a brief look. He also added, its getting no compression. He said he will investigate further, but if the bike is getting no compression or w.e, is it worth me paying to get it fixed. He said it might not be worth fixing. Also, my engine has been replaced from the original, to a Yamaha TZR engine. But has the original right side engine casing, because the bike needed the kick start...HELP please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i cant start my generic trigger sm 50cc
The sparkplug is working. But when i try to kick start it, it just dont have power to start. Anyone whi can help? Am not that good at mototrcyscles lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts