SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what have you wheelie'ers been doing with this?
just checked schematics and i am pretty sure it is the same system used on all crf450's and crf250's... (and probably every friggin' 250 or 450 there is)

there is a tube from the top of the valve cover about 6 inches long, a tee, then one tube that goes to the air intake (the filtered air side of the airbox), and one "catch" tube.

any wheelies that last longer than a few seconds sends oil straight into the tube that goes into the air intake... which means it's going straight into the engine.

so... what have you stunters been doing to remedy this situation?

my only idea is to take a long piece of hose, put it on the valve cover, run the hose up to as forward and high on the bike as possible, and put a little pod style breather filter on it. but if there are better ideas.......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had this problem on my drz, filled the airbox right up with oil during a long stand up wheelie and eventually stalled the engine causing the front to slam to the ground throwing me straight over the handlebars!
I did similar to what you've said, I bought a longer bit of hose and looped it up around the headstock, both ends of the hose were connected to where they should have been rather than venting straight to atmosphere but the looping it around the headstock stopped the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts