SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Street riding(I rode Pro Motocross Canada)

so I need to ask how do you set up a bike for super moto and street riding?I did use the search function:)

so here is a bit about myself I am a 6'1" 205lb rider without gear

suspension what spring rates, Settings high and low speed,rebound for the rear and what settings for the front?

Sag??do you do that on the street?

my Race bikes had ProCircuit suspension(works good)and I used a very stiff front and softer rear settup

like I said never rode on anything but dirt...so help a newbie out if you can

·
Registered
48 Posts
Eh, I'm no expert but what kind of bike are we talking about? Do you plan to ride it on the street 100% of the time?

Need more info...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its going to be a DRZ400SM as a DD for now...but it will be going to track days

and..if all goes a planned a CRF450 as a race bike!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ride a sm610 and all I can give you is my experience. i'm 6'4' and 195 withought gear, on the Husky at least i like the compression at the hardest setting front and rear, with the rebound at -9 clicks from full hard at the front, and -12 clicks from full hard at the rear, sag should be set at roughly 2.5 inches depending on if that's comfortable for you.

You'll probably want more rebound on a track, I for one need stiffer front springs, as i'm sure you will find true for yourself also. I'm thinkin gof stepping up the fork oil to a 10 weight from the 7.5 that comes in mine, so it should stiffen up the compression a little more for me as well.

Good luck with the bike,

·
Registered
106 Posts
sorry to threadjack here but whats your last name jamie and what class do you race? i love the canadian motocross rounds and watched all that were on t.v, more fun to watch than the nationals we have here in u.s.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barkwell I rode 125 and 250 pro untill 2001 most of my races were for the Provincial's (Ontario)when I went to the thumper....my knee went south and missed the whole year I stopped racing and riding that fall( I rode for North Bay cycle)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts