SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yall, so im gonna get the 351 big bore kit, and am gonna order the jet kit today. So my question is should i order dyno jet kit #2152 or #2182, if im not mistaken i would assume they are the same thing. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
You need to get the jet kit for your bike depending on what exhaust/airbox mods you're going to do.

Stage 1 if you're basically stock and want to wake the bike up.

Stage 2 if you're gonna have aftermarket free flowing exhaust and airbox mods.

Which I would expect you would do if you're dropping coin on the 351.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, im gonna do stage 2, rip out the snorkel, full fmf. And ive over heard some people saying the thing to do is get the klx300 jet kit, i dont think thats necessary, but what do you all think?

·
Registered
81 Posts
since the carb is roughly sized correctly for the engine size, use the jet req'd for the pipe and air box mods. the jetting is changed for the in/out conditions. the cylinder will pull in the extra volume of air/fuel mixture on its own, the carbs only job is to provide the correct mixutre, it doesn't care about engine size as long as its in the correct range.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
as far as the jet kits are concerned get part #2182 which is the Stage 1 and 2, It has the needles for both stages of tuning, in case you needed either the smaller or larger needles. plus its a better value... Its what I got:thumbup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well if any one is interested part number 2152 and 2182 are the same thing, i got a hold of dyno jet and cross referenced all the parts in the kit, and they are the same thing, makes sense. One is for teh 2009 and 2010 klx250s and the other is the for the klx250sf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts