SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 klx250sf with an after market carb big bore kit. It seams to crank over hard and it has almost left me stuck 2 times now. I replaced the battery a week ago and it wouldn't not start today. Idk if the starter is tired or the valves are out of adjustment or the carb is messed up.. I also would like to know if any one else has a big bore kit and if there bike cranks hard because of the kit. Is there a better starter they sell? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was what I was wonder if he had done this. The worst part is I just bought the bike a few months ago and now having to put money into it is hard but I love riding it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
valves are easy to check yourself... even if thats not the problem all you will lose out on is an hour of your time to know they are set right

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 09 klx250sf with an after market carb big bore kit. It seams to crank over hard and it has almost left me stuck 2 times now. I replaced the battery a week ago and it wouldn't not start today. Idk if the starter is tired or the valves are out of adjustment or the carb is messed up.. I also would like to know if any one else has a big bore kit and if there bike cranks hard because of the kit. Is there a better starter they sell? Any help would be great.
Hope you get answers cause mine does the same. Will not crank opening throttle if flooded and turns over hard. Will not start after it sets a couple days cold, summer is better. Rechecked valve timing and spot on, fitted a 120CCA battery, jetted carb. Left me sitting today and would crank long enough to drain battery. I’m getting sick of this bike. Started the same way before kit was even on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts