SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to lose faith in some of the supermoto specific retailers. This is the second incident like this that I have experienced with retailers claiming to be supporters of the sport. The following is offered as information for you to consider if considering a purchase from Speedzilla. It is only my experience and obviously, only my side of the story.

June 9th, I placed an order online at Speedzilla.com for the Bonz supermoto catch can. I received the automated email response acknowledging my order.

Thank you for your order at Speedzilla.com, Inc!

-----------------------------------
Contact Information:
Speedzilla.com, Inc
PO Box 201657
Minneapolis, MN 55420

ORDER INFORMATION
Date: 06/09/2008 15:15:48
Order Number: 10161
Account Number: 8302
Total: 55.49

Your (Optional) Account Notes:

Items Purchased:

------------------------------------------------------------
[1] Bonz Supermoto Catch Can @ 49.50 = 49.50
June 18th, no parts and no emails with any updates on my order status, so I email the company asking for the status of my order.

To whom it may concern;

I placed the below order on June 9th. Today is the evening of June 18th. I have only received the automated response that is attached and have yet to receive the item or any other emails regarding the status of my order. Can you advise me of the order status please.

Thanks,
June 20th, two business days later, no reply to my first email so I email again.

Resending due to no response. Possibly lost in cyberspace.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: Your Order at Speedzilla.com, Inc #10161

> To whom it may concern;
>
> I placed the below order on June 9th. Today is the evening of June 18th.
> I have only received the automated response that is attached and have yet
> to receive the item or any other emails regarding the status of my order.
> Can you advise me of the order status please.
>
> Thanks,
> ***********
June 21st, I PM'd Dave, the administrator for their forums and from what I have been told, the owner of the Speedzilla store, asking for an update on my order.

I am told you are the guy to talk to. I have sent two emails regarding an order I placed and have not received an answer to the emails yet.

Can you please advise me of the status of my order. It was for the Bonz catch can.

ORDER INFORMATION
Date: 06/09/2008 15:15:48
Order Number: 10161
Account Number: 8302
Total: 55.49

Thanks in advance,
June 22nd, Since their forums show when users were last active, I check back and find that since that PM was sent, Dave has been active, yet neglected to reply to my PM. So, I send him a second PM asking for an order status.

Resending on the off chance that this got lost in cyberspace. Please reply. I do not want to have to go through my credit card company to resolve this issue.
June 24th, I check again and see that Dave has once again been active on the forums, but once again has neglected to reply to my PM.

I went online with my bank and thankfully, my credit card was never charged for the purchase. I PM Dave and email the business telling them to cancel my order and not charge my credit card.

This is obviously only my side of the story, but since I am unable to get a response from the company, I cannot offer their side. Maybe Dave would care to post here with his side.

·
Registered
244 Posts
poor customer service can really kill a business. at least they didn't charge you yet.

·
Registered
952 Posts
True that...I have had issues like this in the past, not with the same vendor but still...If you dont have a product in stock or something let the customer know so they arent getting out of the lazyboy every 5min when they think they hear the ups truck only to realize that the order hasnt even been shipped and they cant get a hold of anyone.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I usually try to buy my things from the manufacturer not a vender. Most good manufacturers have their own web site you can buy from. Speedzilla is another vender I will put on the Do-Not-Order from list...Thanks!

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Not sure if you would be interested in this.........

When I first started looking for Tanks..... I have a sample tank from the manufacturer Bonz gets their tanks from. It has some scrapes and dings but will work for you if you dont mind drilling and tapping 3 holes. I will include the 3 plastic fittings. It has a very nice bronz :lol: radiator screw type tank drain.

$40 including USA shipping. I also have extended colored carb hoses......... so you can mount the tank so the liquid will actually drain to the tank unlike how bonz always pictures them above the carb.

I was going to put this in the scratch & dent post.

FYI......I decided not to go with aluminum tanks because they weigh 4 times what my plastic tanks weigh and they do not hold as much liquid.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
APA, I appreciate the offer but I already ordered one directly from Bonz. I plan on mounting it in about the same exact location you showed there. Since it is out in the open, I was looking for one a little more blingy than your tank. Weight was not a concern since it is going on my tank of a DRZ.

That said, I will be hitting you up shortly for the cooling system tank you sell and may get some extended lines from you at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts