SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharp bike! I know it ain't got the horses of a 450, but it's surprisingly pretty fast for a 125.

Anyway, I'm thinking about buying it and would appreciate any feedback :thumbup:

PS...Believe it or not, it's the first one ever made (has VIN ending in 0001), which is pretty cool. No joke.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
We got one for my girlfriend as a starter bike: been having issues finding a bike that she can touch down both feel with. Got the 2" lowering kit and shaved off some seat foam, now its perfect for her.

Ours came with the factory Pro Circuit pipe, and its awesome. I'm 6'1", and i love riding the little Beta around the city. We've even done a few 2 up rides around Brooklyn; holds its own nicely. But yea, we'll have the 180 kit installed this winter, just for more low end grunt.

But the real fun it on the cart track; just slightly heavier than a TTR125, but MUCH faster and way better brakes. Just need to sticker tires and that thing will kill it on the cart track!

I also added a Brembo RCS 14 master cyclinder, that helped the front braking a lot. Also just got some EBC sintered pads, which should add some needed bite.

Parts are a bit tough to get, have to cross reference some stuff like the brake pads. Engine is basically a world spec Yamaha 125 liquid cooled; used around the world in large scooters and dirt bikes. Made in Italy for Yamaha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts