SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright boys im 6'2'' and 280lbs and i love this bike but i hate leaving things stock... now im looking to get some more power... most bang for the buck... the stock exhaust on this thing is gutted out... and its got a nice sized hole in the top of the air box... and its jetted... what else can i do to this thing? i have a white brothers silenecer that i have laying around that im going to throw on the bike... idk if thats going tomake a difference?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yoshimura RS3 full system pipe, 3x3 airbox mod, FRC-MX carb, then go big bore and cams...................

Go to thumertalk as well, they too have a search engine, just like SMJ, that will steer you in the right direction. Thumpertalk also has a dedicated sticky, that goes into a lot of detail, that you will get your answers from. Just go to the Suzuki DRZ forum and it will be at the top.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would get a pipe. Yoshi RS2 or RS3. I know you opened up the muffler, but you're losing most your power to the restrictive header.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see i like the way my stock gutted exhaust sounds more than my buddy's full big gun exhaust... is there a different header i can buy so i can keep that sound?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
What rwhp are you guys getting from a Yoshi pipe + FCR carb? How much more with piston and cam? Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Buy an fcr , best noticable mod even with stock exhaust !

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that fcr carb... do i want a 39mm? and can it be off of anything? what is stock size and is this going to kill my fuel millage?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It is a 39, but you need more than just the carb. There are several stock Suzuki parts you need as well. Look in Thumpertalk store and find the FCR conversion kit for the DRZ. Even if you don't buy it from them, it lists the parts you need. Also, if you decide to go elsewhere for the carb, make sure it is the model with the removable air intake bell so that you can bolt on the correct one. Have alse heard that the older slanted slide model is not as good as the newer upright ones, but not sure why.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got 3 carbs for less than the price of one on ebay. You get lucky some times, then you may get a shitty one some times. the first carb i screwed up myself. but the second is on my bike and the third is on my dads. they both work great. I also have the full muzzy exhaust and 3x3. it really woke up the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts