SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unitl i get my seat back, and leathers for hitting the track someday, i was just brainstorming Minnesota roads that seem like a ton of fun for the DRZ... Only roads that really came to mind were down by red wing and over the river into WI..
There are a few good ones up here by Zimmerman, but i need something that will really let the SUMO out...

roads that used to be fun on the sportbike, don't appeal to me now, they were fairly high speed benders..

whatever you have, please post it. thx.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I would like to know where the good roads are in MN too, living in a small, rural town blows. 99.9% of the roads where I live are straight as an arrow... :headshake

·
Registered
432 Posts
Where in Minnesota are you at? Meet up with me, I'll show you some nice roads. I grew up in the Stillwater, MN / St. Croix Valley area. But I agree with the previous post, cross the bridge in Prescott, WI head south on 35, those are the less traveled roads.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm up in zimmerman, can make it to woodbury in about an hour. I'll hit you up once i get my seat from seat concepts next week. hopefully.

·
Registered
432 Posts
+1 on the seat. I upgraded to a comfort seat. Otherwise there is no way I could do 150 miles plus on a supermoto. We could meet in the middle. Scandia, Forest Lake Area...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good, i've always enjoyed stillwater area, usually make it there once a year. It's always been on the RC51 or CBR's, so this will be different and i may not know the roads you are referring to at all.

can't wait.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Keep me posted. Just got a ktm 690 smc and living in Hastings. I know SE mn and SW wis fairly well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
make a ride/meet out of it, i know Gutzy isn't too far from me up north here. Maybe we can put something together off track for now. I'd like to get on track once i pick up some full leathers and some new gloves.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is couple more tard guys on MNSBR.com to. My gsxr hasnt left the grage in awhile.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'd be down for a ride as well. mines not a full sumo but its still a blast on the twisties. also, how about a meet down at cokato? ive been wanting to ride their track for a while now. come on MN ppl, lets go have some fun!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ya wensday for sure and some other times its ablast. Hey im in Hastings south of St Paul like 20 miles. Were the rest ya at?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm usually free saturdays. Fridays I get off between 4-5. We should plan a ride a week or two in advance and I can make it happen. I've always wanted to do a track day, but feel I'm lacking gear. Would be interested in DCTC.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so Friday looks crap, and i appologize because i get my new seat tonight from fedex, therefore with my luck it would happen to be a shitty day friday because i wanted to ride to work. so i jinxed the day.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm usually free saturdays. Fridays I get off between 4-5. We should plan a ride a week or two in advance and I can make it happen. I've always wanted to do a track day, but feel I'm lacking gear. Would be interested in DCTC.
Its ablast i have done it on many bikes. Tards are funnier then sportbikes there atleast to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts