1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does, look awesome. I've got that headlight on my DRZ400, can't see a freakin thing. Whats the low end torque like, I think thats the best part about sumos

·
Registered
393 Posts
Incredible! Definitely the best looking I've seen although I do like the looks of the KTM electric bike as well. They still look like a blend of mountainbike with a motor instead of a true dirtbike to me. The one you posted looks a lot more like a true bike to me. Maybe it's just the wheels being the same size with good rubber on it compared to mountain bike looking wheels/large rims. The swingarm looks beefier as well.

It's electric. Electric bikes don't have torque curves they have straight lines! They are nutz! Pull is very consistent as you should have full "torque" at 0rpm. It still builds hp as rpms increase. You should lift the wheel very easy as it accerates at the ability of the motor as long as you can stop from looping LOL.

Here is a look at the zero s where they the describe torque and bit about their bike.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/659/3049/Motorcycle-Article/Zero-Motorcycles-Zero-S-First-Look.aspx

Here is a hp chart example not quite the 31hp they advertise.

How you can figure out torque I guess... :headscrat
http://www.ehow.com/how_5021957_calculate-electric-motor-torque.html

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
^^Yep, Kinada is dead on. I've been into RC cars for years, and always hated electrics because they were turds. But, modern day brushless motors and Li-Poly battery technology has changed all that. I have a brushless monster truck that will smoke anything I own to 50mph, if you can keep the front end down that is. E Bikes are in their infancy now, but when they mature, oh man. I for one, am very excited to get to watch their growth and progression. :clap:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
This is my kind of electric bike. So all you need is a rolling chassis of whichever bike you choose and install this motor? That's pretty badass. It's perfect for commuting and can be kept inside without any of the bad smells and leaks associated with conventional bikes. Unless you blow out your suspension. When is it going to be available and how much here in the states?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not sure if any of us will ever see these things on the road....at least not in this life time.

I think the first electric cars were produced in the mid 1800's and as far as I know we have yet to see a full electric car being mass produced and sold to the public. I believe the Nissan Leaf will be the first to accomplish that. Also, it's a Nissan Leaf, which doesn't exactly scream out "high performance".

Maybe I'm wrong, but either way, it'll be interesting to see how these things come along.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think we will see these before too long with all this "go green" riff raff going on as of late. As for performance, no this is not it, but it will make for a good cheap commuter that could be easily swapped back into fast mode with a simple motor swap.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think Brammo is such a shitty name for a company. It just reminds me of some cheap toy company from a cartoon movie when I was a kid.

·
Registered
541 Posts
they may be available to the masses, but with a top speed of 60 MPH and a range of 40 miles, I'm not sure the masses will be very interested.

·
Registered
185 Posts
they may be available to the masses, but with a top speed of 60 MPH and a range of 40 miles, I'm not sure the masses will be very interested.
The newer model has double the range. Clicky -----> http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2011-brammo-enertia-plus-preview-90057.html

But still can't go any faster.:hmmm:

I find it interesting that in one year they were able to double the range of their current bike with no weight increase and only a 12 percent price increase. Mind you, I wouldn't expect this sort of thing to happen every model year but it wouldn't surprise me if another company had a similar breakthrough in the near future and came out with a bike that has very competitive power and range to that of an internal combustion engine.

If/when these e-bikes get some serious performance numbers, I will for certain buy one in sumo trim, if available. The idea of a super low maintenance bike but with amazing torque and power is my dream bike.:)

If they could only make those damn batteries last longer or cheaper to replace.:hmmm:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think it could be an option for those that use them to commute, as long as it's a short commute. For those of us that use them as Sunday rides, may not be an option.....at least not yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
These new versions still don't hold a candle to this guys home brew project

He took 2 brand new crf250r's and stripped one and made it dual electric motors and came in UNDER the weight of the original with a respectable range for the amount of grunt he put in them. Here is the link, its a great read!

CRF2eR

If he can do this with off the shelf parts and a buddy with a CNC machine imagine what the likes of the big 4 could do if they realized how much we would pay for these!

If you can increase my POWER to Weight why the hell do I care about what "fuel" goes in it! (and I ride an arm snapping KX265 2t)

BRAAAAP...I mean uhh....(Insert applicable chain whurr here)...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts