SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, ill thank you in advance before i start ranting. I'm looking to get a bike to convert in to a supermoto for street road legal use only. I want a bike that doesn't need a lot of maitenence or valve adjustment. I have other vehicles but theres nothing I love more than a fast bike on the open road. I will probly use the bike every other day or maybe every two days it will all ways be different but on the days I do use it it will be what I use for that whole day wherever I go. So I need something that can withstand lots of miles and possibly even a few hour ride on Sundays. Now what I I've considered is pretty much anything except husaberg and husqvarna. I've had nothing but problems with them in the past and refuse to go down that road again. Also I was looking at the ktm 690 but it seems too big. I want the look of a standard dirtbike. If I had it my way I'd go with a crf450 that's the best looking supermoto I've seen. But unfortunately I know a standard one will not meet those requirements, now on the other hand I don't know a lot about the bikes so is it possible to make a long lasting highway bike out of a crf? Steady cruising at 60-75? If not what are your suggestions on other bikes that will meet my standards. I'm very keen about the way it looks like I said I don't want anything that's big and bulky like the 690. I looked at the drz400 but I don't think that's enough power for me I like to have fun lol. And then again the drz600 is big and bulky again. So let me know anything you've got I'm open to try anything! Thanks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
go and try 690 smc and than come back again :thumbup:
if u still dont want it than go for 511 smr

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Low maintenance, small/light, and fast motard typically don't go together. You can typically get 2 of that list.

1. If its low maintenance and light, it probably isn't fast: wrx250

2. If its low maintenance and fast, it probably isn't small/light: 690smc, 610SM, Duke, 625 smc

3. If its Small and fast, it probably isn't low maintenance: Any converted mx bike, husaberg FS, aprilia SXV, 510sm, 511smr

make sense? :thumbup:

Gotta pick from the list what is important to you.

·
Registered
904 Posts
511 has pretty low maintenance and is light

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
511 has pretty low maintenance and is light
low maintenance is all subjective.... some people think oil every 1k and valves every 1500 is low.... some think valves every 24k like the wr is low.....

I haven't seen a bike that meets all his criteria.

·
Registered
904 Posts
busa , i find oil change ever 5k pretty low for a lightweight motard
my neighbor has one and its bs that it needs valve check every 1k
cus im doing most of the service on his bike

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
busa , i find oil change ever 5k pretty low for a lightweight motard
my neighbor has one and its bs that it needs valve check every 1k
cus im doing most of the service on his bike
5000 miles isn't bad but that says 5k kilometers which is only ~3k miles and valves every ~600mi. 3K miles for oil isn't horrible because I usually change mine on that interval anyway but valves every 600 is a little ridiculous for a street tard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts