SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished my supermoto build and went for a ride on my xr650r to scrub in my tires. during my scrub in I bent my rear rim twice on a moderate trail in the rockies. I was running 30 psi on my rear when this happened. I have talon hubs with behr rims. The rim size is 17x5.0 with a 150 on the rear. With the 150 on the lip of the rim sticks out about a 1/8ish inch. After bending the rim I went and had a qoute done to fix the rim and I was quoted 170 to fix the rim. I thought that was pretty steep so I am wondering if I should ditch the rim and get a smaller 17x4.25. The reason I want a smaller rim is because I think the rim bent from hitting rocks well I know at least one bend is from rocks. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with bending rims. I recently read that behr rims are soft, but the rims are still apparently high quality so I kind of don't want to walk away from them. So my question is if you were in my position would you ditch the behr rim and buy an excel or have the rims fixed. I will probably spend a full Saturday lacing them up myself if I buy an excel rim due to the heavy investment in these wheels already. Just to clarify the rear rim is the only thing that bent the front is fine.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts