SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BR has made available Saturday Aug 6 as a shared kart/SM practice, and then Sunday is a NJ Mini GP race event, which happens to have a full-sized (one size fits all) supermoto class. We've got quite a range of talent/experience, but i suppose if enough guys show up it might justify splitting up into novice and advanced classes. We had nearly 20 guys last weekend just for practice. With this event over a month away, no reason for at least as good a showing!

more info on race details at http://njminigp.com/schedule/

Mark your calendars!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
i'll try and make it out for the sat practice, but oiy, not for the race, haha.. my little 250 would get eaten alive

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it'll be asphalt only, certainly for the Sunday race. it would take some serious sweet-talking to get them to open up the dirt (whatever is left of it).

there's talk that we can get all of Saturday p.m. for bikes only, at $25/bike. May just need to juggle minis and big bikes in alternating sessions.

And if you want to camp overnight and race the next day, i think camping is 25.

my own plan is to get a couple hours of practice time in Sat night, camp, and do some racing on Sunday!:bannana:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have to be at this. I'll come for both days, but I probably won't race. I'll definitely rip up a practice sesh though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never been to beaverun. What are the rules for bikes there as far as headlights, catchcans, barkbusters, etc...in order to get into the practice session?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
they're pretty open, but don't abuse it.

i'd say make sure your tires are good, and you're not leaking any fluids. maybe some sliders to protect the track if you go down, but as fas as headlights and whatnot, you're fine. i run with mine, and my kickstand, and sometimes my license plate, haha

·
Registered
460 Posts
As long as the numbers are there, we will absolutely have a 250 class and a 450 class. But there needs to be numbers. We had a two day event on the 10th and 11th and not a single supermoto showed. Not one. Guys, I am committed to keeping tracks open for Supermoto but that one kinda stung. I know youre all out there. I need you guys to ride when the opportunity arises.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
still a little ways out. i'm not much of a racer, but i'll try to make it for the saturday run around.

that said, my days off work are wed/thur. can i just come out any wednesday the weather is nice and ride around?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I say Wheeling Cycle Supply clear your Sch. and go to this event.Who will second this?
This could be bigger than the Circleville Fathers day trackday in 2009.
John ESMRA #118

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I will try to roll up Saturday for practice and stay over in the RV for the race... Not sure what my schedule allows for right at the moment.

Stillie?

Webby???

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Barry I am onboard for this event but would most likely need to carpool.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Word... hell, I go to Loudon-Freaking-County to get Stickboy. I'd let you ride just to piss him off.

Barry

·
Registered
377 Posts
Had thought this would get a few more nibbles, particularly after the nice turnout on the last practice day.

:headscrat
Did ya get my email about the practice schedules?

I will try to roll up Saturday for practice and stay over in the RV for the race... Not sure what my schedule allows for right at the moment.

Stillie?

Webby???
Possibly. Still trying to decide if I want to race that CAN/AM event or not. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
A buddy and I will definitely be there for the Saturday practice but doubt will stay for Sunday. I think I have another friend coming if he can get the day off.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts