SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a lot of people with cameras and gopro's today.

post em if you got em.

here's a sneak peek from me, still working on them...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
if you want full size versions, pm me with your email addy and the bike/gear you were riding

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice work dude! That 248 guy is awesome :lol:

I'll have my video up later today.

·
Registered
377 Posts
:lol: That explains why that 450 came by so fast that it pulled the decals off my bike.

Bug sorry I didn't realize that was you that rolled up when I was pulling into the pits. I was frickin' tired man.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after seeing all those awesome Ape's out there want one, haha

I'm pretty anal about maintenance, but motor rebuilds every season aren't really my forte. all you hear online are horror stories for these bikes, are they really that bad?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hey cozmo,

Thanks for sharing all the great photos. :thumbup:

Fantastic day, great turnout, great fun! :clap:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Like Ronald Reagan's underwear, depends.

They had a TON of issues prior to 08 but that's largely been corrected due to several changes Ape made over the years. You still have to change the oil more frequently than just about anything else and the valve job intervals are smaller. You're also supposed to rebuild them at 5600 miles but there are guys getting 12k plus with good compression numbers.

We've also got an SXV/RXV expert on the east coast that will get you taken care of quick, fast, and in a hurry. :thumbup:

Thanks for shooting pics!!

PS - That kid on 24 is FAST! I followed him for a couple of laps and watched him. Good lines smoooooth! Dad should be proud.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
East coast Aprilia meet and I couldnt be there :damn:

Looks like you guys had a great turnout...and fun too!

Cant wait for videos!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice Pic's

Nice Pic's. Really great day at Beaver Run. Dennis (20) and I (47) had some fun battles. Who was the Ape on the ground two turns before the start straight, later in the day...around 5? That could have been much worse with the speed we were overtaking.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like Ronald Reagan's underwear, depends.

They had a TON of issues prior to 08 but that's largely been corrected due to several changes Ape made over the years. You still have to change the oil more frequently than just about anything else and the valve job intervals are smaller. You're also supposed to rebuild them at 5600 miles but there are guys getting 12k plus with good compression numbers.

We've also got an SXV/RXV expert on the east coast that will get you taken care of quick, fast, and in a hurry. :thumbup:

Thanks for shooting pics!!

PS - That kid on 24 is FAST! I followed him for a couple of laps and watched him. Good lines smoooooth! Dad should be proud.

thanks. who's the guy on the east coast to go to?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice Pic's. Really great day at Beaver Run. Dennis (20) and I (47) had some fun battles. Who was the Ape on the ground two turns before the start straight, later in the day...around 5? That could have been much worse with the speed we were overtaking.
you guys were tearin it up!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts