SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed up to Beaverun for their open practice, kart and supermoto, tomorrow to test the new (but old) bike. Anyone else going???
Also, check out Beaverun's schedule (http://www.beaverun.com/schedule_event_schedule.asp) because there is the ESMRA race on Saturday and Supermoto only practice on Sunday... but they show an open practice on Friday the 18th also!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Headed up to Beaverun for their open practice, kart and supermoto, tomorrow to test the new (but old) bike. Anyone else going???
Also, check out Beaverun's schedule (http://www.beaverun.com/schedule_event_schedule.asp) because there is the ESMRA race on Saturday and Supermoto only practice on Sunday... but they show an open practice on Friday the 18th also!!! :thumbup:
Thank you! I didn't see that.

Everyone please keep in mind that Friday, July 18th's practice is karts, supermoto & ysr's - no dirt and Sunday, July 20th's practice is Supermoto only - with dirt!

Again, thanks SDOOM for the added information. :clap:

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'll be there Sunday. Can't make Saturday. That's killing me.

Barry

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I plan to go on Sunday for the practice...do I need to replace the coolant with water for practice days?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I plan to go on Sunday for the practice...do I need to replace the coolant with water for practice days?
If I may offer my opinion, I understand you are asking about the practice days and not the race day prior, but should you (heaven forbid) be in an accident and somehow coolant gets on the course, you guys can almost bet the remainder of the day will be done.

It takes quite a bit to get that off of the track and as we all know it is very dangerous. My suggestion is to go ahead with water or water wetter. Then you can't go wrong. :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
If I may offer my opinion, I understand you are asking about the practice days and not the race day prior, but should you (heaven forbid) be in an accident and somehow coolant gets on the course, you guys can almost bet the remainder of the day will be done.

It takes quite a bit to get that off of the track and as we all know it is very dangerous. My suggestion is to go ahead with water or water wetter. Then you can't go wrong. :thumbup:
very true.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

Agreed. Coolant is bad... better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
IMHO - EVERYone on track should dump coolant, run water for the reasons stated above. Day can be a write off, and people can get hurt. I guarantee the speeds will be no lower during practice than they are during a race. To me it is simple courtesy and common sense.

Barry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts