SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
great pictures!

It was definatly a great day with a good turnout! I had a blast and had fun the entire day!!

Can't wait till the next one.

Thanks BeaveRun

·
Registered
120 Posts
if i am not mistaken, don't you run nesba too (I) i think. If so its good to see the crossover, not to many road racer out here doing sm. hope to see you at some of the races:thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i am not mistaken, don't you run nesba too (I) i think. If so its good to see the crossover, not to many road racer out here doing sm. hope to see you at some of the races:thumbup:
i am indeed the same jtb. :) for a few years i rode a first gen sv. last year and into this year i rode my 07 gixxer 600 without front plastics. currently im running with uppers only until i get a slip-on to use the lowers. always something!

i'm more interested in sm track days than sm racing. the esmra practice days are all on saturdays and i have to sell appliances every saturday so no can do. thus the reason these br days are so appealing to me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
not to push you why not the racing:infrandom. they have a beginner class where most of the people are first timer and also new to the sport and racing in general. it's alot cheaper then roadbike td and tire wear etc... anyway hope to see you out there

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
not to push you why not the racing:infrandom. they have a beginner class where most of the people are first timer and also new to the sport and racing in general. it's alot cheaper then roadbike td and tire wear etc... anyway hope to see you out there
+1 on trying out the SM racing. I rode in a race the weekend after my first practice... the Beginner class is nice and mellow and usually not very crowded.

Trust me, I suck - so you will be better than at least one person there!

:D

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Jenn does pretty well too. If I understood correctly this was her first time in the dirt-
View attachment 44187

View attachment 44188

View attachment 44189
Notice how she's rolling the jump to begin with and jumping it later in the day. I had my radar gun with me and if memory serves me right she was the 3rd fastest rider through the chicane on the long straight.
She was the most improved rider of the MIR event. :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jenn does pretty well too. If I understood correctly this was her first time in the dirt-
View attachment 44187

View attachment 44188

View attachment 44189
Notice how she's rolling the jump to begin with and jumping it later in the day. I had my radar gun with me and if memory serves me right she was the 3rd fastest rider through the chicane on the long straight.
She was the most improved rider of the MIR event. :thumbup:
*takes a bow* that little jump at MIR has nothing on the beginning jump and ending jump at beaverun! by the end of the day on sunday, i was still rolling over those. *innocentlook* but i was getting some air on the tabletops. i'm stoked to go back to learn how to jump on the jumps and do better on the 'whoopsies'. i took those as individual bumps too.

the pavement wasnt an issue. im sure i can work on being faster there as well.

as an update: im still sore! :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
*takes a bow* that little jump at MIR has nothing on the beginning jump and ending jump at beaverun!
Yeah, the MIR jump sucked but I was only allowed 1 small dump truck of dirt, and I had to really beg to get that.
They must have mellowed out the jumps @ Beaver, last year you didn't have an option of rolling the entry and exit jumps. They were squared off with a 3'-0" vertical face on the backs.
View attachment 44191

Edit: the 3rd tabletop (actually more of an anthill) is where I broke my ribs last year after I started getting "comfortable" enough to start pushing it some. I knew when I came off of it that I had made a mistake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in order of preference according to cost:
1. sm track day $80 (up to 7.5 hours of track time)
2. roadbike track day $150-$190 (7 - 20 minute sessions)
3. sm race $155 (3 races -- how much time is that on the track?)
4. roadbike race (3 races -- $20 gate fee, $190 for 2 practice sessions and 3 races 8 laps each)

actually thats probably also preference according to the fun and track time chart.

now that i've reviewed the class options http://www.esmra.com/pub/2008/CompetitionCategories08_062208.pdf i have no idea what i can run. i changed my carb to the fcr39 carb, new pipe and the recommended 3x3 airbox mod. doesnt look i can participate in any races except for 'beginner'. there's no way im doing all of that travel to run in one race unless someone can explain it better than how im reading it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They must have mellowed out the jumps @ Beaver, last year you didn't have an option of rolling the entry and exit jumps. They were squared off with a 3'-0" vertical face on the backs.
umm... i MADE rolling on and off an option. it probably would have been easier to just jump but i was way to big of a fraidy-cat to do that!

the first number of loops through i just went around the first and last jumps and the whoopsies! i shoulda just stayed on the pavement but i was taking baby steps!

poor boy cornerworking didn't know what to expect of me as i made my way through. haha

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ahh... can't really argue with the money factor. Sounds like you're a good rider though, we need some more chicks to put these guys in their place.

:)

poor boy cornerworking didn't know what to expect of me as i made my way through. haha
You should see the Etown workers laugh at me as I roll through the dirt section...

:laughingr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts