SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched every which way for this topic and cant find any threads pertaining to battery only set ups.

I want to get my YZ450f track bike plated for the street. I am going to get a kit (pro cycle,trick, baja designs etc) and run it off a battery only probably tucked in the air box. I need to make it work/look good for inspection and then I dont care how well it works as long as I have a plate and can run on the street. I am not interested in trying to rewire the stator etc. I think this actually work just fine. I will attach a battery tender and let it charge between rides. LED would draw less power from the battery especially for the headlight but I have not found any LED only kits. Any of you guys seen or used such a set up?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Battery only system works fine -- batteries in air box have to be placed carefully so you dont restrict air flow-

Better locations --
UP Under the rear fender- right behind the air box is a good location -even with rear suspension completely bottomed out
there is room for several flat battery packs like those used in RC cars -- looks clean -easy to get at --
you could also use the on top of rear fender tool bag setup like used for DRZ tool kit on the stock DRZ --
easy to rig up and get at --

Decide on battery type -type of lights and run time you want --

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Groovy2

Had not thought of RC batteries. Great idea. That sure changes places to keep a battery. I think I am going to go with the ProCycle kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts