SuperMoto Junkie banner

Batavia Supermoto

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  vtrdarren 
#1 ·
A group of 9 of us rode at the batavia kart track in Western New York on holiday Monday as sort of a test to the track and the track owner. He was very pleased to have us and is adding a Supermoto class to all of his go kart practice sessions on Wednesday nights and Saturdays. For more info check
www.bataviamotorsports.com

as of now it is asphalt only but Bob (track owner) plans on adding a dirt section if he sees enough interest. It is a great track all around for supermoto bikes. Its got a good mix of rights and lefts with lots of elevation changes. I believe the cost will be in the $35 US range..

DB

#2 ·
We've been getting in his ear about it too. He replied to us with this e-mail yesterday.

Tom

I had some guys from Canada come down on Monday and they said they liked the track. I will be having Kart and Supermoto Practices on Saturdays 11:00am to 4:00pm and Wednesdays 5:00pm to 8:30pm ( or dark ). We will start this Saturday. There is no dirt section as of now. Check our our schedule at http://www.bataviamotorsports.com/ . I need to change the times on Wednesday to 05:00 to 8:30.

Bob Trimper

Lets make sure we get out there and make it worth his time!!!!!! :clap:

#4 ·
Batavia International Motorsports Park will be open for practice this Sat. and Sun. 4/21,22 10:00am - 4:00pm.(or later depending on turnout) (no dirt). Price is $30 usd for members, and $35 usd non-members. Last Sat. we had 8 riders show up even with the temp in the low 40s. The Weather forecast for this weekend is looking great, temps in the mid 60s and Sunny:) .

#5 ·
batavia bike prep

What do they want done to the bikes to make them track worthy? I have a street legal drz. Do we need the lights taped, coolant, safety wire, and also what do we need for gear?

#7 ·
gixxerseb said:
What do they want done to the bikes to make them track worthy? I have a street legal drz. Do we need the lights taped, coolant, safety wire, and also what do we need for gear?
Taping or unplugging of lights is a good idea, disracting otherwise. There are not safety wire requirements that have been imposed, just check over your bike really well and make sure nothing will fall off. There is no gear tech inspection at Batavia, just dress for the likelihood that you might fall down and you'll be fine.

Cooland should be water (additives like water-wetter are ok), ethylene glycol based antifreeze is too slippery if it gets on the track. Again, likely no tech inspection for this, but please think of everyone attending and prepare accordingly.

I am not associated with Batavia in any way, this is just based on my experience attending a couple events there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.