SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BARKER BROS poor ability to represent TM in northamerica... If you Need TM parts contact Dave at motoxspeed as he has a shit load of parts and till he runs out that is who will get my biz..:thumbup:
Reason for this is Dan barker makes biz personal... He dosnt like me there for will not sell me parts.. I love my TM 530 SMR and the TM brand. But Dan Barker needs to have a change of heart and treat one of his most vocal TM owners as a valued customer and supporter ..:thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dont get me started...

Good luck with that Kev, and like you, apparently I'm guilty by association. The entire deal is a farse, a pathetic joke! I woulnd't let those clowns put air in my wheelbarrow. My TM 450SMX has been the biggest piece of SHIT! You want freedom of speach, oh it's on pal...you people see my avatar, still looks the same after 4 years. I will drag that bike to every SM race in North America (I'm presently at 2010 Stateline in Vegas) with a sandwish board and tell my story and we will see how many of those piles of JUNK they sell. I have documented every last little everything regarding my case and, until they get me a fresh new motor like they did you, I will not go away, period. The engine lasted less than two hours from brand new and after they had a recall for their SHIT built motor, my bike still looks the same... and up until now, the only guy that was willing and did all he could to help me to date, David Evans, can no longer get parts from Italy after everything he did for those people and the TM brand. It's absurd and sad to say the least... Again, I'm not done, this is only the start. You people screwed the wrong guy, I promise.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well put Mike..
Here is a Quote from the website . http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/models/how-to-buy/
"When you purchase a TM Racing machine from Barker Bros Cycles,(for$12,000.oo+) you become a part of the family. Our goal is to ensure that you have the support you need at all times."
That is the biggest line of :bs:
I now have a New 07 SMX 450 with 0 miles on it and lets see if shits itself or stays together and how well the clutch works on this bike ... has a slipper so will see... Oh On my TM 530 SMR they had JB weld on it right from the factory as it looks like the casting was not there for where one of the engine case bolts went.. Hell I even have a good finger print right in it :hmmm:
I will post picks later of it ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
this is a little bit off topic, but in regards to the SMR450 i thought this was a 50 state legal bike. i was interested in buying one till dan told me he couldn't import it. then he tries to sell me the SMX450. good looking bike dude, but how am i supposed to get to work? racing seems like it will one day be in my schedule, but i need something to replace the sv on the street. anyway, just venting. i am probably gonna get a husky.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason he wants to sell you a 450SMX cause that is the only bike he has in stock and you would be waiting 3 months or more to get a SMR..
He is so full id s#@t..
WILDFX
Stopping Barker's TM sales one customer at a time :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The rules have become tighter to import bikes with lights for the road and TM must homologate the street SM bikes before any can be brought in .. Lets see if Barker Bros will nut up and do that .. :rolleyes: I may be wrong but no one seems to set things right ..
Getting parts is so much of a problem I bought a unused TM for parts and plan on parting out the doubles and leftovers ..
I will post pics of my tear down and build up ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here in Europe (specially in Finland) some TM models are road legal.
Here is imposible to get Honda CRF, Kawasaki KXF, Suzuki RMZ, Yamaha YZF etc road legal.

I think that Finland is hardest country to get bike or car road legal in hole world and TM fill our regulations, but that might be different in USA.

KTM EXC, Yamaha WR, Aprilia SXV, Huskies and Bergs are also possible to get road legal in Finland.

I do not understant that light issue...
Every car wich are imported from USA to Finland (all Europe i think) must change lights cause light regulations are different here than USA.
It is really stupid that problem is same when importing bikes and cars from here to USA.

Those regulations only makes our hobby harder and more expensive.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What was the out come of the problem with Dan at Barker Bros Cycles? I have recently been looking at getting a TM and I have spoken with Dan on the phone.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well get this I tride to order valve seals for my 450. So I knew he would not sell them to me and I got a friend to call. He asked Dan if he had any seals for that bike and all he said was No!and hung up on him.
I have one of the best around here doing my cylinder and checking the head. I mentioned that I can not get parts from Dan and the problems I have had with him. The person doing the work for me(I will not divulge his name for fear of reprisal due to guilty by association) said that I am not the only one to have told him how Dan is.
You must understand that it is not TM that has the problem it is Dan Barker.
If you do get a TM it will be the best bike you ever had . But if the bike has a problem ,mark my words you will then find out for yourself.
The bike I bought to fix mine was an unused 07 450 SMX and dropped the motor in my 05 530 frame .The only thing I did not like was and is I must kick the Fn thing to life haha as the 530 had an electric boot !

This motor runs fine clutch works great . awsome power ! It is the best SM I have ever ridden.. WICKED FAST!
If TM could get there bikes road legal I for sure would buy another one .
But with Dan Barker at the helm of TM for north america running it out of his garage and having absolutly no michanical skills . That will not happen.
The motor that they replaced for the 530 the first time had the same problem .. The only one to even come close to solving the problem was Dave Evans.

Stopping Barker's TM sales one customer at a time :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
And is he the only one who can get parts for these things? Did you try reaching out to TM directly? What did they say?

I love everything I am hearing about these bikes but was a little worried about parts and supports and after reading what I have on here I am even more worried. There are apparently shops in Ontario that know how these bikes but I am assuming all the parts would come through Dan. I have not met Dan and I am not passing judgement at all. I am just trying to get all the fact straight so I can make an informed decision.

Where are you located WILD_FX?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pete at MotoMan is the new US distributer. (909)608-0082

I just bought a load of parts from him last week. Everything went very smoothly.

Jeez, trying to get parts from Barker is like pulling teeth. I called and emailed at least 7 times before he FINALLY even looked up prices/part numbers. I needed a front fender and numberplate for molds to produce carbon versions. 2 months later I paid $125 shipping for $60 in parts. The stupid part is that there is NO parts list for SM specific chassis parts. Then compound that with the 660cc motor and I have basically ZERO information about my bike. SO I CALL THE DEALER (barker), i was better off picking part numbers off a powerball ticket.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And is he the only one who can get parts for these things? Did you try reaching out to TM directly? What did they say?

I love everything I am hearing about these bikes but was a little worried about parts and supports and after reading what I have on here I am even more worried. There are apparently shops in Ontario that know how these bikes but I am assuming all the parts would come through Dan. I have not met Dan and I am not passing judgement at all. I am just trying to get all the fact straight so I can make an informed decision.

Where are you located WILD_FX?
I am In Vancouver BC and parts for YOU should not be a problem.May take time to get as orders a placed in bulk unless you want to pay the extra and get the stuff shipped out right away.. Not sure if they will still do that ..
I did talk to the head of TM but because of Dan they would not listen to my problem untill I started posting the video abouve that I added all over the WEB .. And got a second motor and that is the same one in the vid ..
Dave Evans was warned of me by TM because of Dan Barker . Even though they stripped Dave of his ties with TM he still to this day supports the brand and with a dwindling supply of parts I am now forced to order parts from friends in the UK:headshake

Like I said if Dan made it better with me I would be his best supporter and TM would have sold many more bikes to northamerica.. I dont hate the man or the brand. I only wanted the new $12,000.oo Supermoto I was making payments on to run like the Husky,KTM er what ever RFS is out there . I would let some one try it .. Good riders racers and such and they would come back and say WTF is wrong with your clutch and why wont it just cruise along?As it would jerk badly not run smooth... But loved the handling , power and look of the bike..
I tell you what ..ask him why he will not sell me parts and see how his tone changes :hmmm:
Dont let parts sway you from getting one cause if you get one you wont mind the wait ..
to me TM is wicked ..Like owning a Ferrari of Supermotos.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Where is the best place to get information on these bikes? I am interested in a new fuel injected SMX 450 or 530.

Because these bikes are build for racing do they need constant maintenance or are they pretty reliable?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where is the best place to get information on these bikes? I am interested in a new fuel injected SMX 450 or 530.

Because these bikes are build for racing do they need constant maintenance or are they pretty reliable?
will out last any other brand ... heading out for a bit I will tell you about my SMX later ..

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can go to the TM web site I think and dnld the scedual maintaince manual .
As to my SMX it had 150 hours on it of hard use it needed valve seals cam chain. Also needed rings too so I just got a piston and rings for it. Waiting for the valve seals from moto man to get here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts