SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the misleading title :sucks:

Long time reader - first time poster on this forum :hello:

I bought a sm510 '09 back when it was brand spanking new in 2009. It was my first bike ever with no experience riding anything motorized with two wheels. For the last two seasons I rode the bike restricted to both learn how to ride and to not break my warrenty. The warrenty was about to run out so obviously I needed to upgrade the bike a bit :lol:

motosupplies hooked me up with some RR pipes - I don't ever remember seeing any of the street sm510/sm450 with the full husky titanium exhaust system - hence my humble contribution to the sea of information:

The bike is all stock except for the fancy husky stickers and some cheap bar end mirrors (and exhaust ofc).

I changed the air filter box and unplugged the lambda sensor (the actual sensor is still in the pipes but it's unplugged and the resistor is plugged in instead ). Later I will get myself a (mandatory ;)) PCV + AT upgrade.

When I got the bike it was very fun to ride and I have really enjoyed the last 1½ years of riding. When I unrestricted the bike I almost crapped my pants - it's like starting all over again and I think I'm really going to enjoy the years to come also - and that my friends is the reason for the misleading title.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I love my Husky too.:arsenal

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did the same ... left the lambda sensor in place just in case I´m ever stopped and some knowledgeable police biker does an inspection. Don´t think there´s any way any Husky can be as it was intended and remain entirely street legal. And this´ll get worse when the newest Euro regulations come into force.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice bike! Looks like it's time to tighten that chain though... :anim_peep:
Just noticed that myself when I took the picture :headscrat

Funny info: I threw one of the stock cans on the kitchen weight - it weighed 3.4 kg (~7.5 lbs) - in comparison the titanium one had a weight of 1.4 kg (~3.1 lbs).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thats why I chopped off my factory duals and put an FMF single Ti can on! Saved about 12 pounds right there.

I didn't realize people actually kept these in the factory state and didn't do the Power Up mod immediately!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nah, good ole 'merica! Only our cars are subject to emissions scrutiny and that even depends on where you live. So far our bikes aren't included in that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats why I chopped off my factory duals and put an FMF single Ti can on! Saved about 12 pounds right there.

I didn't realize people actually kept these in the factory state and didn't do the Power Up mod immediately!
It was somewhat important for me to keep the warrenty for as long as I could. In Denmark the registration fee is a horrible thing. It makes almost all vehicles extremely expensive compared to other countries. All taxes and fees included we usually pay 3 times the price compared to US prices. Mine cost me ~29000 $ (yes you read that right - and yes it is an insane system)

·
Registered
444 Posts
It was somewhat important for me to keep the warrenty for as long as I could. In Denmark the registration fee is a horrible thing. It makes almost all vehicles extremely expensive compared to other countries. All taxes and fees included we usually pay 3 times the price compared to US prices. Mine cost me ~29000 $ (yes you read that right - and yes it is an insane system)
Wow! My 2010 was $7500 new plus I paid about $800 to license it. Unfortunately, the warranty on the Husky in the US is only 6 months for the SMR510, so I wasn't too concerned about losing that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts