SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Another new guy to the board, and I searched high and low on here and other sites to figure this out.

Quick Cliff Notes: What size of banjo brake pressure switch bolt do I need for my 2005 KTM 525 SMR? Don't tell me 10x1 because it doesn't fit.:D

I purchased a 2005 KTM SMR and am making it street legal here. I've got everything wired up and ready to go, Horn, headlights, taillights, but I am having trouble trying to find out what size the banjo bolt is for the beringer brakes. So I can run the brake light

I went to my local KTM shop, they told me it was 10mm by 1... So without thinking, I ordered 2 online and when I went to install them on the caliper itself, they didn't fit.

So after I realized that the front brake lever ALREADY had a banjo bolt with a pressure switch ( can't believe I didn't see it) I threw some wire on it, ran it to the light and battery, and it works.

So i know I wont run the sensor off the caliper now. I looked and didn't see a wires on the rear master, So i pulled that and tried to see if the 10x1 bolt would fit that. It Didn't.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
30+ views and no reply's... No one has done this, or remember what size bolt?

So just an update. I went to a shop, they gave me a 3/8th x 24 bolt, and a nut.
I was able to thread the bolt just fine into the hole, and it seemed to fit normally. I went to thread the other sensor the bike came with through the nut they gave me and It didn't thread. Which Makes NO sense to me.

I think I will just order the 3/8th sensor, and see if it leaks when I install everything. I think it should be okay... If all else fails, ill just get one of those spring switches for the back brake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts