SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 yz450f with baja designs setup

My lights were working yesterday and today theyre not. I checked all of the wiring and redid a lot of connections. I also used a multimeter to check the stator and rectifier but neither show any power.

I thought baja designs warranted their stators indefinately but I dont have any of the paper work. I tried to call but theyre closed, has anyone had similar problems? Or know if baja designs will still send me a new stator?

thanks- Rich

·
Registered
238 Posts
take off the concetor from the stator. check the resistance it should be around 1 to 5 ohms.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Check the hi/lo switch. It's a piece of junk. I had to solder a piece of wire across one of the connections just to have a high beam. The plunger switch with the contact that switches between high and low beam tends to melt the plastic and covers the metal contact on the plunger switch itself. I plan on replacing it with a factory part from one of the large motorcycle manufacturers; if I can stop riding long enough. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it all figured out.. threw in a new regulator and had the stator rewired since its free for me (elect. engineer).

Lights are a beautiful thing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts