SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to legalize my 03 450r, I mounted the dualsport headlight kit. Once my stator ,batt, rectifier went into place I began to plug wires.It looked straight foward on paper but the stator conn. did'nt jive. Yellow/yellow :thumbup:white/white:thumbup:then it showed light/dark blue. Stock harness has blue but not solid witout stripes as described. The other problem is that bolth ends are male connections. So im sratching my head ,then notice or/wh wire set from headlight kit waiting to be hooked to stator:hmmm:.After trailtech stator wire count I have no spare leads. I was wondering if that white/ orange from the headlight needs to be t-tapped . I also noticed the baja light has a rectifier/batt mounted to the back side. I would think I can remove one?If anyone can make sense of this question,Please help.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
ask for your money back send it back and get a trickdualpsort kit!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
any bike......it is so awesome......i love it..........plug and play........stator wires plug in and charge the batt......led's for batt life,turns,daytime/nightime,brights.......auto ressettblr brakekers.......drunk sorry.........auz power port 12v for gps,ipod,cell phone and in my case tt vapor.......batt life indicator green 14 volts/yellow13/red 12 and under........kit works while bike is off........i got the ufo integrated tail with it.......dale mazzorow is the shit!!!!!!!! the kit cost 565 with the tail.......daytime mode is a little pencil light 5w and 35w halogen for night.......... i added these two types of bulbs and get hella results dog!!!!!!!.........i love sam adams light!!!!!!!!.........the kit i got was for a xr650.....the diff was the color code of the state wires that's it!....i had to solder links for vapor wires that's it.......on to more drinking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just finished hooking up my baja kit on an 06 exc, so I didn't have the stator issue, but everything was straight forward. I would give them a call during bus. hours and talk to them. This set up looks better than stock, in my opinion. Good luck.

johnny

·
Registered
21 Posts
Baja Designs kit help

Initially I'm impressed with the baja dual sport kit kit, very pleased with everything but the fact that they sent me the wrong instruction manual... :headscrat I have a crf250r not and x, and they sent me the instructions for the x. That said, has anyone installed the kick start kit recently?

I need to identify the orange and white striped wire and the white wire that come from the wiring harness. I know they are for power but the white wire has an o-shaped ground connector and the other has a bullet connection. My stator has two yellow power wires, one with a ground and one with the opposite bullet connector. So as of right now, I have the orange and white striped wire attached to one yellow wire, and the white and other yellow wire from the stator are grounded on the frame.

Is this right? does anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to legalize my 03 450r, I mounted the dualsport headlight kit. Once my stator ,batt, rectifier went into place I began to plug wires.It looked straight foward on paper but the stator conn. did'nt jive. Yellow/yellow :thumbup:white/white:thumbup:then it showed light/dark blue. Stock harness has blue but not solid witout stripes as described. The other problem is that bolth ends are male connections. So im sratching my head ,then notice or/wh wire set from headlight kit waiting to be hooked to stator:hmmm:.After trailtech stator wire count I have no spare leads. I was wondering if that white/ orange from the headlight needs to be t-tapped . I also noticed the baja light has a rectifier/batt mounted to the back side. I would think I can remove one?If anyone can make sense of this question,Please help.
Looks like I will just eliminate the rectifier/batt from trailtech kit for now. The 2 yellows from the stator look to plug with or/wh from baja light kit and the remaining 4 wires to existing harness. The question I will ask trailtech tomorrow is, why don't the stock connectors just plug in male/female? So it looks like I will have to crimp new connections. Crf69 I love your bike , I would have went trick like yours but my investment has me commited! I will get it on the road!!! Aloha.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Call monday ,I will be. I understood if you had 2 yellows from stator then the white and orange from kit plugs in. By the time you read this you should have contacted tech support. I am running into same problem with plug in connections/colors. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
6 Posts
oaksta which Dual Sport kit do you have? Is it a Baja Designs Dual Sport kit? I might be able to help you out if it is a Baja Designs Kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts