SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the hospital, so not much time to make this really look good or explain it. But you can see the process and get an idea when you do it yourself.

Should anyone want to follow me I will write more detail and email more pics.

I am totally happy with it for now. Way lighter than stock. Also, if you dont like the rapid led flash of the blinkers, the appropriate resistors are already in one of the wires, but i cut mine out as i like the rapid flash.

So, here you go, more adventures of making stuff work on a new model.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and with only hand tools and a leatherman! hahah. no ruler, no straight edge, no hack saw.... totally guerilla garage style. just make it happen with enough ingenuity! hahah.

thanks for the compliments!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
looks great!!!!

Nothing like doing it yourself. I try to do as much work myself, even if it doesn't come out perfect, I'm still proud that i did it. My latest little trip into DIY is painting. I bought the necessary stuff from harbor freight for cheap (I already have an air compressor), and I've been attempting to paint stuff.

Eitherway how you feeling, any better yet?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OT-feel better, but really not better. day 12 of being in the hospital on monday brings more testing to see if they need to cut out my guts or not. i already only have half my small bowel left.

back on topic...

·
Registered
702 Posts
That looks awesome man! Great job! Does the WR comes with LEDs stock? did you have to do anythign fancy to get thhe LEDs to work in place of the factory bulb-style lights?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the lights are led on the stocker for the plate light, brake light and some other stuff to. i think even the turn signals.

i just cut the wires, stripped them, twisted them together and wrapped em up. didnt use factory connectors but butt connectors, just hard wired it. i was sick, up late and in a hurry.

the BD kid doesnt have a seperate wire for the plate light, just different color leds, so i just capped off the seperate plate light wire from the stock yamaha thing.

none of the colors on the wires match, that is what i forgot to say!!! hahah, i took a picture of what was "right" on mine, so i guess i need to get taht up here now.... dang it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice.
FYI, You can clean up all that fuzzy plastic with a propane torch or a lighter. Only takes a few min and looks a lot better.
(take it off the bike first)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, i totally need to clean the edges and try to match/even them up as well. and zip tie the wires up out of the way a bit better too.

so far just the pressure of the tail and seat have made the zipties work as attatchments rather than nuts and bolts. i will have to see what sort of low-pro or countersunk stuff i have laying around....

the BD kit was $60. when someone make an actual small replacement like zeta/drc does for the DRZ i am not sure i will replace it. haha. what does that say?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts