SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some ktm axle sliders on the smc and the rear set are a loose fit. The front seem to fit tight enough, but the back i can spin them by hand and have i little play side to side. Is this normal?

·
Registered
569 Posts
not sure, i know one of the other guys put them on, did you drill the rear nut to put them through?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They came with a replacement nut already pre-drilled. That was nice. Instructions were take off existing nut, screw on replacement, insert spindle thru axle and screw on other half of slider. Easy as pie. Just wish it fit a little tighter. I was wondering if they did this on purpose or does my spindle just need a little shave to tighten it up a bit. It looks to be about a 1/8 to long.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my KTM dealer here in Toronto, Can. Guess i will give them a call Monday and see what the deal is. There is a picture of them on the KTM powerparts list for the SMC and they look the same.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If i remember, on the rear, the sliders are side specific.......one is meant to go over the axle nut.......just a thought.......but it should snug right up

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i think i found the problem.....rookie mistake #1. I should have checked the part # with KTM website before i tried to install them. Cause the ones that i got were 7503046000 (rear) & 54803045100 (front). Looks like they are for the sm 07 or somthing. The correct part #'s for the SMC are 54803045000
(front) & 54803046100 (rear). This is all acording to the web site. Think i will get them to make a call to KTM to make sure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea, you have to have the right Part #'s. I got the ones for the SM and they fit good in the front, but a little funky in the rear......but it works or you can drill it out like others have said and make it work. Of course the SMC specific ones would be best, but I couldn't wait, and the SM's do the job for now.

JOHN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well i think i found the problem.....rookie mistake #1. I should have checked the part # with KTM website before i tried to install them. Cause the ones that i got were 7503046000 (rear) & 54803045100 (front). Looks like they are for the sm 07 or somthing. The correct part #'s for the SMC are 54803045000
(front) & 54803046100 (rear).
This is all acording to the web site. Think i will get them to make a call to KTM to make sure.
For the record, that rear slider part# has been superceeded by 54803046200 which I happen to have and tried to install on my SMC.The nut that was included is to small for the spindle. (M20 is what is on the installation instructions) :headscrat

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Make sure you have the right one on the right end. The aluminum tubes are two slightly different lengths between front and rear. It would seem obvious, but it isn't 100% so.

·
Registered
569 Posts
For the record, that rear slider part# has been superceeded by 54803046200 which I happen to have and tried to install on my SMC.The nut that was included is to small for the spindle. (M20 is what is on the installation instructions) :headscrat
yeah i read somewhere else that those superseeded numbers are too short to fit the smc, i got the sm sliders and they worked perfectly, perfect fit and correct nuts for front and rear

·
Registered
340 Posts
i got the sm sliders and they worked perfectly, perfect fit and correct nuts for front and rear
+2 I also got the 690 sm sliders and they worked perfect with no drilling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts