SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to get into sportmans class using stock 21"&19" wheels,Avon
sells Roadrider AM26 for frt and back in size's 90x90x21" &100x90x19",
relatively cheap,but I have yet to see any comments or advice about these tires,has any one used this combo?? P.S. 19" is made for either front or back.THX ED

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've not used those tires, but have tracked on avons a few times. They are certainly not a bad brand in general, and I would trust anything they make to be of good quality. My most recent reference is I wore out a set of their Viper Supersports last year...good grip, stability, nice precise turn in feel, but its wear life was shorter, and it showed its age to heat cycles more that comparable tires from Michelin and Pirelli.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I ran the Avon RoadRiders on my XR650L.They were pretty good tire.No complants here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
BT45 vs AM26 for CRF150F

Digging up an old thread here instead of starting a new one.
Was wondering if anyone could comment on how the AM26 Avons worked compared to the BT45. The BT45 does seem like the tire to go with but the AM26 looks very tempting & is relatively new.
Anyone been able to ride both of these & comment?
I use the 45's in an all-asphalt track envornment & they are very good, but as always, looking for better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ran the Avon venom 120x21. Tried almost all others and no comparison! Ran sportsman in '04 and won the Sportsman series on the Maxxis d/t rear w/ venow front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts