SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a radar detector which was on my sport bike. Sorry for the poor pics from my phone.

Second pic shows led warning lights which are very bright

·
Registered
586 Posts
I know it's a stretch, but you could just slow down.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Interesting, hope it works out well. I considered this. Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting, hope it works out well. I considered this. Let us know how it goes. :thumbup:
Funny thing is I have not gotten a speeding ticket on a motorcycle over the past 26 years, most of them have come while driving my car. Installed the detector for just in case there is that one time it comes into play and saves me, better odds in my favor so to speak.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just installed a radar detector which was on my sport bike...

Second pic shows led warning lights which are very bright
As I just got my first one on a bike:2hard the other day, I would like to hear more about this...like what brand and how did you connect it ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/gear/
Connects to battery of motorcycle, had the gas tank off while doing a valve check so I ran the wire then. Very easy to install and worth that peace of mind for that one time it comes in handy.
I've considered this as well but when I use the radar in my car I get a TON of warnings for X and K band an only about 5% Ka band (which is what all the cops seem to use) so I figure if I'm getting a warning light for all bands when I only care about the 5%... basically it's too many false positives which would lead me to ignore the light on a moto unless you can tell the unit to only light up Ka signals. In my car I can just look and slow down on Ka bands and visually ignore the X and K bands.

Then there's laser... and you're f**ked immediately :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was mounted on my sport bike when still owning it so I figured what the heck, could save me or not. Friend has been running the same detector and it has saved him more than once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts