SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soon the law is gonna change. get your motards registered now!! I talked to the recon place today and you can register any bike. 2 smoker included as long as it has all the lighting bs. everyone will be grandfathered in when the law changes.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we dont have smog checks and all that crap here. they changed the law a couple years ago to all people to regester their homemade bike and kit bikes and dirtbikes as long as they follow dot requirements as far as safety goes. so to register a dirtbike on the streets you need the mso,mirrors,turn signals,brake lights headlights and all the other jazz. but come to find out today the law dosent say no 2 strokes. this is straight from the recon safety guy. you must go threw this guy to get a street title. he told me if your gonna do it better do it now because they are gonna change the law back to the way it was and you will no longer be able to convert bikes. however the bikes that have already been converted and have a title will be grandfathered in. im not concerned myself because my crf450\cr500 has a title already. just putting the word out.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yeh i should tell my brother. I just sent him a '06 yz250f to play around with. He lives in the N.shore and is stationed at schofield. I think i recognize that old army plot where you guys were messing around at, its near that public beach w/ that little beer joint(cant remember beaches name). I saw a bunch of wild dogs in that woods when i was there. Hawaii awesome man.

·
Registered
290 Posts
damnn thats gonna be expensive

·
Registered
442 Posts
It was 1,200 bucks. Didnt think it too bad. Gotta a steel crate from ducati to put it in. He lives in the north shore near some track/course called the Kaconees(sorry dont know the spelling)?? Sounds like awsome place though like 40 acres of loose volcanic rock and no treesthat could really hurt you!:thumbup:

·
Registered
648 Posts
crap - i wrote down tuesday the 19th for my inspection - it's tomorrow, not today - doh!

I'll get pics up real soon after inspection,Steve. Looks kinda dorky right now.

When is your frame comin back?

·
Registered
648 Posts
recon inspection done, safety check done, vehicle weighing done! Bike insured - now if only DMV was open, I'd have my plate tomorrow. But, tomorrow had to be a holiday, so now I gotta wait til monday to get my plate. At last I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. Pics to follow shortly after i get the plate!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Very excited friend Can't wait to see the new bike. anyone who can build a DRZ into something cool to look at is def. going to make any bike a bad ass sumo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts