SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know it is not street leagl but sum states you can throw on street equetment and get them passed to have a street title. In NY you can buy one out of state with the street title and your ok but to make the transition is in possible. Were can I find a atk 700 that is converted? Do they pop up on this board?
I need raw hp and torque and i think I would be happy with this bike but it has to be on the road.:bike:

·
Registered
859 Posts
i wish i could get ahold of one for a good price. i'd sell my 450 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Seriously? A 700cc two-stroke street legal? Rotsa-ruck mang.
would be the ultimate street-tard. back it out of any turn you want at half throttle, lol

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
somewhere i saw online a guy made a parrallel twin cr500, so in theory a cr1000 2 stroke beast. I think it was for hill climbing, but one of those motors would be sick in a street legal frame.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is probley so dam expensive. Lol But bad ass.
Mite as well jam a twin or triple sled engine it at this point

·
Registered
243 Posts
Atk

I've seen the ATK bikes and the build quality leaves a lot to be desired when put beside a japanese bike. The engine looks like it's out of a tractor. Rough castings and the bike looks pieced together.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
:DYou mean you are looking for one of these??....:eek:

Does this really look like bad build quality?? PM me if needed I can put you in touch personally with the head mech for the ATK factory team!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
sic 'em T-funk! those are hand made in limited quantities, so it won't look like the cookie cutter CRF,KXF,RMX,etc...just gotta wonder what it must be like to left side kick-start one of those...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
hey...um......well, until some of the locals here in okla. take over this thread and give more info than I can....atk's 700cc 2stroke i never rode ....but the one here in okla. that was ridden (for a very short session) by one of atk's factory riders was very unreliable and finicky. ATK was taken over by highland motors and they started a building/testing facility/factory here in okla. by a conglomerate *local guy/part owner* and highland overseas...anyway some bad things/tragic happened and basically they are defunct and gone....as far as "I" know...there is no more ATK here.... or anywhere for that matter- just posting what I know...really sux-

·
Registered
848 Posts
.....that being said.....might want to try and stock up on parts!:hmmm: may be able to put you in touch w/ one of the owners if any of you atk owners hit a wall-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts