SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IF THE RIDERS WILL COME!!!!! STTARS WILL HAVE SOME ASPHALT ONLY CLASSES:clap::clap: BRING YOUR SUPERMOTO BIKE OUT.. See you at the track.

·
Registered
82 Posts
post this up in some of the other (non-racing) forums, try to get some of the track-dayers to suck it up and come try it out!

·
Registered
37 Posts
asphalt

I agree that dirt is part of supermoto. That said, I think Don should do whatever it takes to get more riders out to make it flourish. There's a few guys also that race lightweight twins with a supermoto single in WSMC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Asphalt only points?????????????

Will this class pay points for overall at the end of the season 1st,2nd.3rd placks??

#250:hmmm::hmmm:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm all for an asphalt class, and I know a few road race guys that would come out and support the series if they didn't have to deal with the dirt section.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will this class pay points for overall at the end of the season 1st,2nd.3rd placks??

#250:hmmm::hmmm:
I think the plan will be.... See if we can get the riders to make a class. Maybe a lightweight class 250 and under, an open class. I think if the turn out is good anything could happen.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
ill start putting the word out to the pavement pounders :thumbup: the apex/adams track days get 45-50 riders, they did a "fun" race at the last apex day and it seemed like they all liked it, now to get them into sttars and get the ball rolling again:thumbup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill start putting the word out to the pavement pounders :thumbup: the apex/adams track days get 45-50 riders, they did a "fun" race at the last apex day and it seemed like they all liked it, now to get them into sttars and get the ball rolling again:thumbup:
That would be great.:thumbup: I was thinking Sttars has some great tracks for some pavement pounding.:bannana:

·
Registered
222 Posts
The colorado supermoto series runs a Asphalt only class it had the biggest grid and some of the best racing.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
supermotoUSA has it as well, good turn outs as well some guys do both. I think it mite be a good way to bring in riders from a sport bike background, kinda let them work up to the dirt if they want, don puts on a good series with some fun tracks just would be nice to get a few more guys out there and hooked lol, i think the potential is there just needs a little kick to get it going :thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tri-County Powersports, the title sponsor of STTARS, will give every first time STTARS racer that shows up to ride an asphalt only class at the August event at Grange' a $25. gift certificate good toward anything in the store.

Paul Pecoraro
Tri-County Powersports
Husqvarna - Husaberg - Victory

·
Registered
846 Posts
:thumbup: Very NICE

Tri-County Powersports, the title sponsor of STTARS, will give every first time STTARS racer that shows up to ride an asphalt only class at the August event at Grange' a $25. gift certificate good toward anything in the store.

Paul Pecoraro
Tri-County Powersports

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
damm paul, way to step up :thumbup:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Paul Pecoraro
Tri-County Powersports
Man this is the kind of stuff that keeps this alive!!! :thumbup:THANKS TRI-COUNTY POWERSPORTS:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
just whored this out in the local rides section:thumbup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Awesome guys! Let's get STTARS rockin!

I like the idea of 3 classes: Open Class (426 & up), Lightweight Class (400cc and under), and DRZ/Street Legal. IMHO we need to make sure the real first timers on DRZ's and plated bikes have fun and can ride more than one class.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
makes me want to bring my drz out for some fun

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds awesome!

I usually do the asphalt only races up in Norcal and they are just as much fun as the sumo classes. They are typically held on the first day of two day events and they are non championship classes but plenty of riders still turn out.

It is definitely a good way for someone interested in sumo racing to get started without having to worry about the dirt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New Rule Proposal: A first time racer can sign up for the asphalt only class only with an entry to a regular sumo class.

This would at least give them a peek. Yes, those nice 17's you put on your dirtbike will work just fine in the dirt... Yes, your DRz will make it through the dirt just fine young man...

Hope to see some new faces at grange :thumbup:. This would be a cool second or third class to enter if run later in the day.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts