SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted some more info on the arrow full system vs the adraprovic full system on HP, TQ, weight, etc...this is for a 2007 smr510, so i dont care to hear or see anything on the 610's (nothing wrong with a 610 just not what im interested in), but please people help me chose one, pics and stuff are more than welcome

·
Registered
657 Posts
The differences between the two are insignificant. They are both Titanium race exhausts, end of story. i have messed with a few systems on a 450 Smr which is a short stroke 510. The best bang for the buck is the stock system with the small silencer tube that goes from the endcap forward about 6 inches removed. With a small amount of labor it can be done for the price of a few rivets. The money you save can buy you a vortex ignition box, a decent set of tires, and a couple of different countershaft sprokets. The stock system, made by Arrow by the way and the Vortex will outperform your bike with either Titanium exhaust and the stock black box.

·
Registered
657 Posts
For those that don't already know this, the 450/510 bikes only gain about 2hp at peak with a full system and a bout twice that at about 4500rpm. If you read the propaganda supplied by Akrapovic, the claim 4.6hp at 4400rpm. They don't claim 4.6 peak hp and they would if they could. On the track you need to be above 4400 or your going backwards because that is just below the base of these things usable powerband. The stock system on these bikes is a very good setup, but the muffler is the choke point and it was designed so it can be converted to a straight thru racing can with little effort. The money spent on a full system is better spent on an ignition box, a k&n filter (oem style not a pod), headwork, cams, pistons etc. None of this applies to the 610 which is better off with a full system and I am not sure how much applies to the 08's because I have not worked with one. This comment refers to the 04-07 450/510.

·
Registered
608 Posts
yea i will wait for a Carbon system or just keep my modded oem. I do like the look of the akra though!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts