SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i live in ct and want to make either a klx450 or a wr450 street legal are these street legal or how do i make them street legal?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Neither of them are street legal from the factory. First check with your state to make sure you can get a plate and what's required to do so, then either add your own parts or buy something along the line of a Baja designs kit for the lights, horn and mirror(s). You will also need to change the tires to a DOT rated version for street riding, and you may even need to regear the bike (but not likely).

I've heard this can be done on the cheap, but it cost me close to $800 to street legalize my wifes TTR230... :eek:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
+1 on what jeff said. Alot of times it'd be easier to buy a used bike that someone else has already done the conversion and work to get it tagged. There are quite a few used wr's that have tags on them for sale, many of them are even converted to supermotos too.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Not sure about CT regulations but you might want/need to avoid bikes with the "off road / race only" designation, the ones with the dreaded "C" or "3" in the 8th position of the VIN.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not sure about CT regulations but you might want/need to avoid bikes with the "off road / race only" designation, the ones with the dreaded "C" or "3" in the 8th position of the VIN.

never knew that. My KTM and WR are both tagged. KTM has a 3 in the 8th spot, Wr has neither. GA just pulled my buddies WR250 tag last month.............. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts