SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a used (but straight) frame from a 2006 TC450 for an upcoming winter project. Basically I'm going to powder coat it black along with the extra swingarm I already have. However, I'm going to be putting all of the SMR450 parts onto the TC450 frame - so before I go and buy this TC frame I'm wondering if the steering angles and other various angles are the same?

If they aren't the same am I going to be looking at angles that will make it ride like crap as a supermoto? Should I not buy the TC frame and get a used SMR frame instead? :headscrat

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think the frames are the same, just different tripples on each. JR has a TE as well as a SMR, he will probably chime in here and give you the info

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could be wrong, but I think the frames are the same, just different tripples on each. JR has a TE as well as a SMR, he will probably chime in here and give you the info
That sounds right - from an engineering and production standpoint it makes sense for husky to have the same frame across all 450/510 TE/TC/SMR platforms and then change steering geometry through the triples and linkages/swingarm. Sure hope so, cuz this frame I'm looking at is priced to move and I have no other sources for one other than new from husky ($$$).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts