SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I have a freind that has the 750 and loves it. Another friend had the duc 1100. The ape guy said he rode the ducati and says his doso doesn't compare to the 1100. I haven't rode the 750. But that ducati is seriously crazy.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hyper 1100 gets boring. Im looking to ride a Ape 1200.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Both bikes I was talking about came through the dealership as trade ins. 5k for the hyper. Not much more for the doso

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Yep. 08 with 4500 miles. It was the base model. Not the s or eve or whatever. Had some surface rust. Good shape though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think it really depends what you look for in the bike.

i ride a 750 dorsoduro and it has enough power for me and is comfortable enough for longer rides.

downside: it is heavy compared to a true supermoto.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could you give me some more information there strike? How heavy is heavy, anything you can compare it to as in a streetbike or something similar?

Got any pictures of your Dorso? Also, got anything done to it? How's the maintnence on it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
heavy = 410 pounds (186 kg) without fuel.

maintenance is pretty much similar to a street bike.
so new oil every 10k km.

the dorso has no major issues and is very reliable.

my previous bike was a Kawa Z750 '07.
a very different bike so i cant really compare it to something that's the same kind.

On my Dorso i got Arrow exhaust's and wheel striping.

pics:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had an 09 dorso 750 that i really liked. It was great for commuting to work and around town on. It was pretty heavy compared to a real sumo though. It and the duc hyper are very similar bikes. They are street bikes with sumo looks. I had mine for about a year and never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hyper 1100 gets boring. Im looking to ride a Ape 1200.
Not to hijack the thread but how did the Hypermotard get boring? Every online review I've ever read on them says they're one of the most fun bikes ever made if not THEE most fun bike ever made...admittedly, those are from guys who probably don't ride true Supermotos much if at all. I'm asking because my dream bikes [for the street at least] are the Hypermotard EVO SP and 990 SMR.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I got used to the power to weight ratio on the bike to the point where I'm waiting for things to happen. I guess if I throw another $5k at it, it will wake up but for now it's just not getting any use. My buddy has the EVO SP and it's a different more supermoto feel but it's just not a supermoto. He has also been walking past his hyper to ride his 610 like Ive been walking past my 1100 S to get to the SXV. If I was a commuter or city dweller I can see it not getting old but for where I'm doing my riding ZzZzZzZzzzzz ... If I could give it back I would.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds to me like what I've reading about regarding experienced riders complaints about these "megamotards", that they're a compromise really and not necessarily a good one. I guess Aprilia is the only one to have made a twin SuMo and not made it as heavy as a 600 sport bike, so the SVX being the most fun makes sense since its the most dirt-bike like of all the "megamotards" though I don't think we'd even put it in the same class as a Hyper, 990 SMR, Dorsoduro, etc, because its essentially a regular 'motard except with an extra cylinder and the power accompanying that.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
lol I changed that post like 5 times. That's how indecisive I feel about the hyper hahaha

Look, I'm the kind of guy that needs to advance still. When things reach their limit and I'm looking for more it gets boring for me. My last oil change on the SXV lasted me a week, 8 days and I went past my own mileage rule because I can't stay off the bike.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Seems I like what I read about the 1200. Some more gadgets and a bunch of horsepower that requires gadgets. The hyper does everything but really none of them well and it being more leaned towards the paved twisties it should do that very well. It just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha I know because I had to edit my thread after you edited yours because my response no longer made any sense.

I get you though...just like why I got my WR450 to 'tard after I learned how to ride on my big pig of a KLR650. People think those big red Hondas are pigs, hop on a KLR650! That being said I don't regret it because I've put over 25k miles on the thing with only replacing oil and filters, tires, 1 chain and sprocket set, cleaning the air filter, and 2 valve checks.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Could it be that I'm riding the best it's going to get and I can't appreciate it? I think my intention was to root for the Doroso more than put down the Hyper. My SXV beyond derestriction remains in stock form and it's too much. The Hyper is in need, being as raw as it is you wouldn't think it would be and the parts are expensive. The Dorso has sparked my interest in a big way. Maybe I'll go try to ride one this weekend. Maybe my Aprilia has made me biased :D

·
Registered
2,384 Posts

I've also seen this guy ride 3 bikes, praise the others and pick the Ducati because it's cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts