SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My wife went in for a stress test this morning (she failed it) and they had me come pick her up and take her straight to the hospital for a cath and possible stint. This procedure found Her Left coronary artery was 99% blocked and had been for long enough that her body had been forming its own by pass around the clog.

They are doing the open heart surgery right now. Instead of just sitting there I came home to let the dog out since the hospital is only 15 min away.

Steve

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wish you and your family the best.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Best Wishes.10 days ago I had a lil [email protected]:15 am at work.Ambulance ride and 3-1/2 hrs later I had 2 polymer coated drug laden stents installed in one artery,I got to see it all awake,pretty cool.They let me out next am @11:30.If she had open heart ,unfortunately a lot , lot longer rehab is coming.I honestly haven't felt this good for awhile.But I cant do anything substantial(lifting)for 6wks while I heal.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Hey guys,

My wife went in for a stress test this morning (she failed it) and they had me come pick her up and take her straight to the hospital for a cath and possible stint. This procedure found Her Left coronary artery was 99% blocked and had been for long enough that her body had been forming its own by pass around the clog.

They are doing the open heart surgery right now. Instead of just sitting there I came home to let the dog out since the hospital is only 15 min away.

Steve
Wish you guys the best:D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hang in their and keep us posted!!!!!!
We are all thinking about ya.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hope she has a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Best wishes to you and your wife...

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Good thoughts your way Brother! :thumbup:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do what you need to man. Don't worry about shipping my stuff. I can wait for as long as you need. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Steve, best wishes to the wife and I wish you the strengh you will need to help with recovery. Godbless and Good luck. Prayers sent

Terry

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the well wishes I will pass them on to her tomorrow.

The surgery was text book perfect with a 2 way by pass. At 47 years young they expect no complications but a 6 week recovery time.

The scary thing is with the 1 artery being 99% clogged she could have dropped at any time.......we were lucky.

I was scheduled to receive the same test tomorrow but I canceled it this morning when I picked her up and will reschedule the test for in a few weeks.

Guys......get the stress test done!

·
Registered
317 Posts
That is great news!!!

Hope the recovery time is quicker than expected.

Yes, and I agree on the stress test. The earlier something can be found the better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Good to hear it all went well!

My father went through some pretty big open heart surgery April of last year (having had a heart attack 7 years ago, and 2 'almosts' in the past 5 years) he had to have a valve replaced among other things, it was pretty serious. He was intubated while conscious for more then 3 days, of his 9 days in the hospital for recovery.

One tip I can give you, hospitals generally sell a "Chest Bear" or "Coughing Bear", it's a teddy bear filled with some certain material, the patient holds it tight to their chest when they have to cough. It helps to relieve some of the pain, my father had one and he used it everytime he had to cough after his surgery for about a month (mind you he's the toughest mofo I know, I've NEVER seen anyone who can take pain like he can and not show an ounce of it. I watched him put his arm through a window accidentally and slice an artery and need 39 stitches and all he said was "Ah shit, get me a towel and start the car")

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good that all went well and that you are getting those tests. good luck with yours and with your wife's recovery

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey APA sorry to hear the bad news but glad to hear everything worked out, that's awesome!

Hope she makes a full recovery! Best wishes to her and yourself. Take care of that lady!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great!!!Ya gotta love it when everything goes as planned.Heal soon

1 - 20 of 47 Posts