SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all , im new here and i been trying to get in to supermoto for some time now , i road raced for the past 5 years but now the wife is on my ass about it more and more. I have a SSR 125 ( well it was 125, now theres a 140cc piranha engine ) i was thinking about building a sumo out off , got some fastace front forks and rear shock but it doesnt want to fit for me , so my question is does anyone had build an SSR in to a SUMO or would it be better to sell it and just start from scratch ? and what would you guys start with, whats a good bike to start with ?
I'm looking for something in the same size as SSR125 because CR50 & xr50 just look a bit to small
Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
539 Posts
Lots and lots and lots of ways to chase this, I've built a CRF70 to the nines, and am currently running a TT-R125LE with a minimalistic Sumo build. Figure out what you want first, THEN do what you need to get there.

When you say the SSR doesn't 'fit' are you saying the forks and shocks won't bolt up, or once assembled you don't fit comfortably on the machine? :D

Also, what model SSR? They've got CRF50 derived units, CRF70 derived units, etc, big variations in chassis setup across their line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
there are 3 SSR's that run in our local club, all set-up about the same

personally I have tried a kx65, ttr125, crf150f, crf50, crf70, klx110 and my personal preference is the klx110 I currently have. I have ridden one of there ssr's and its not a bad ride

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no Its the front clam that doesn't fit I think I have to change for a different one , anyways where do you guys buy parts for supermoto minis ? any websites or ebay ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts